PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
i got an Alex Ross Spider Man painting in my living room
paid like $700 for that shyt at some auction in Jersey 4 years ago
ima take a flik one day and post on here
i got all kinds of shyt in this apartment

To me, Alex Ross' art looks the way classical music sounds.:banderas:

Stelfreeze has some joints :whoo:

Hit the comic spot today to pre-order BP issue 1. They told me they're not sure of the numbers they're getting in, but some of the first issues they're bringing in are gonna end up expensive - They're charging $500 for a Spider Gwen first issue (:damn:), so I might have to check a few spots out...

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

Hit the comic spot today to pre-order BP issue 1. They told me they're not sure of the numbers they're getting in, but some of the first issues they're bringing in are gonna end up expensive - They're charging $500 for a Spider Gwen first issue (:damn:), so I might have to check a few spots out...
damn $500??!?!:damn:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

FIVE-HUNDRED BUCKS FOR SPIDEY's ONCE DEAD EX:mindblown:

I've grown more accustomed to digital comics nowadays but I'm seriously thinking about getting Coates entire BP run in paperback so that I can pass it on to my future Son.

I'm just so busy these days it's so easy to just use Marvel's digital app

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
damn $500??!?!:damn:

And them shyts is new :damn:

shyt warmed my heart and sickened me at the same time. It's cool that all these characters that I read as a kid are making up modern day mythology, but the hype is something else. I saw a book called The Disciples. It cost $30 and there was a tag that said it was rumoured to have been earmarked to be a Wes Craven adaptation. Unless I'm very much mistaken, he's not adapting anything right now. But they bump the price on the strength of gossip. Madness. :mindblown:

FIVE-HUNDRED BUCKS FOR SPIDEY's ONCE DEAD EX:mindblown:

I've grown more accustomed to digital comics nowadays but I'm seriously thinking about getting Coates entire BP run in paperback so that I can pass it on to my future Son.

I'm just so busy these days it's so easy to just use Marvel's digital app

True that.

I can't bring myself to break the bank if the first issue is priced in the hundreds, though :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
And them shyts is new :damn:

shyt warmed my heart and sickened me at the same time. It's cool that all these characters that I read as a kid are making up modern day mythology, but the hype is something else. I saw a book called The Disciples. It cost $30 and there was a tag that said it was rumoured to have been earmarked to be a Wes Craven adaptation. Unless I'm very much mistaken, he's not adapting anything right now. But they bump the price on the strength of gossip. Madness. :mindblown:

True that.

I can't bring myself to break the bank if the first issue is priced in the hundreds, though :patrice:

Yea breh I got money and I love BP but $500 is a little much for a first run....

I might be inclined to pay up to $150 because of the significance of this being BP's REAL shot at hitting it big and wanting to support a black writer and artist...

But I can't do $500. That's rent and phone bill money :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria

That price will go down in a few years lol. Ultimate Spider-Man #1 was worth like that much a decade ago

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
F. Gary Gray is still being considered to direct the BP movie.

Looks like he may have to pick between BP and Fast and Furious 8

'Fast and Furious 8' Director Search Narrowed Down to Four

Gray’s “Compton” was a massive hit that has kept the director in demand since its release. Gray is said to also be a contender to direct “Black Panther” for Marvel.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
F. Gary Gray is still being considered to direct the BP movie.

Looks like he may have to pick between BP and Fast and Furious 8

'Fast and Furious 8' Director Search Narrowed Down to Four

He's got a working relationship with Diesel, Stratham, and Rock. And it Univesal throws a mountain of money at him and says Go it would be hard to turn down a guaranteed hit with the he final Fast Trilogy:lupe:

However, he almost ended up directing Winter Soldier so he's already got at least an idea of what the MCU has to offer and he could really make Black Panther his "defining" franchise if he signs on to do sequels, in the vein of James Gunn with the Guardians franchise. I think that opportunity might appeal to him...

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He's got a working relationship with Diesel, Stratham, and Rock. And it Univesal throws a mountain of money at him and says Go it would be hard to turn down a guaranteed hit with the he final Fast Trilogy:lupe:

However, he almost ended up directing Winter Soldier so he's already got at least an idea of what the MCU has to offer and he could really make Black Panther his "defining" franchise if he signs on to do sequels, in the vein of James Gunn with the Guardians franchise. I think that opportunity might appeal to him...

I think he'll go with fast and furious if they pick him for the job:

-Bigger payday
-Far easier movie to make.
-Less pressure
-Easier to market
-More of a sure thing and probably more in his alley (he did direct the italian job).

BP has a very different vibe altogether. Whoever directs the BP movie is gonna have a loooooooot of pressure to deliver.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Looks like F. Gary Gray is leaning towards Furious 8. Vin Diesel posted a pic of him and Gray not long ago on his Facebook page.

12068543_10153772160328313_6221525636336815677_o.jpg

Furious 8: Vin Diesel posts photo with F. Gary Gray | EW.com