Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I can already tell costuming is going to be on point.
This is why despite a lot of people's love for BP in Civil War I think its going to pale in comparison when this movie comes out. Which is ok since it wasn't his movie and more of an intro.
The finer details will emerge with this movie.
The culture, style, sense of history will be felt with this movie. :wow:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
C2vUKu3XAAENrRI.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I noticed a lot of white people on other sites are overjoyed to see Freeman here :mjpls:

I mean he's a good actor and all but still :mjpls:
I made my peace with Ross long time ago. Gotta embrace the fukkery. Freeman is charismatic enough to pull it off with being annoying.
Yup. I like Ross but mofos online are weird

On reddit I said I don't think Klaw needs to be in the movie because Killmonger is good enough for the movie and they downvoted the shyt out of me :heh:
"There's a villain problem with these movies" = :hhh:

"Killmonger can carry the movie by himself" = :picard: :whoa:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
From the CBM comment section
Apparently they were shooting a U.N meeting scene that revolves around T'Challa being suspected of harboring Cap and Bucky
@HaleyRoss - which is great. Feige said it would be a geo-political thriller.

The Russos even said it was Coogler's idea for T'Challa to harbor Steve and Bucky. Panther puts Wakanda in jeopardy by doing this. Now all eyes are on an isolated nation.

CONFUSED-ALABAMA-FAN.gif

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I just hope the film compliments Wakanda’s obvious gleam with melodramatic sociological subtext. Go heavy on the subtext even.

Don McGregor’s run did this so well. His Wakanda felt like it might be influenced by what was happening in the real-world African continent at the time. Former colonies had started exercising sovereign rule, and the vast amounts of money generated by natural resources led to bloody coups and rampant corruption. African countries were as susceptible to the foibles of the human soul as anywhere else.

Can't wait to see those Vibranium mines

@BlackStar25 - its concept art from Age of Ultron. They were gonna showcase Wakanda at one point.

A fight scene should definitely happen here.
4CvADRH.jpg

Obviously don't want McGregor style Wakanda in terms of story. However, it does make me curious which direction they go with the overall feel/lighting/mood they set for Wakanda. :patrice:

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Just read that avengers infinity war will start filming within a few weeks. I thought Black Panther was going to be a part of that. Does this mean he wont?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just read that avengers infinity war will start filming within a few weeks. I thought Black Panther was going to be a part of that. Does this mean he wont?

Yes he will be. Infinity War will likely be a MASSIVE shoot that will last the better part of almost two years. Plus I believe their filiming in Atlanta too which means Chadwicke is literally a hop skip away

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

He'll most likely do double duty. When Chadwick isn't filming for BP, he'll be filming for Infinity War. Gonna be a busy few months for him.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
White Tiger is black?

And T'challa going to NYC is pretty much a staple now.

He's been to Harlem before.

And he went to Hell's Kitchen as a replacement for Darbedevil, for no justifiable reason...

The whole "what is he doing in xyz" doesnt really hold weight at this point because his writers are always going to make do stuff outside of Wakanda.

White Tiger is latina, close enough. I have the Man Without Fear arc. The excuse was "soul searching" and he wasn't even BP at the time. It still doesn't make sense for him in a team up book, with street level heroes. A hero of that level stumbling on some ish while in a location and stopping it is one thing, but going there for the purpose of stopping something "everyday" doesn't. It would be the same as Storm It made about as much sense as Misty getting the call for "The Crew". I also have the issues where it was he & Cage traveling and ended up with Voodoo, Blade (and Monica Rambeau) for Hurricane Katrina. Those issues are good to me, because it flowed with the story. But just throwing BP in street level ish just because doesn't sit right with me. There are a number of heroes they can do it with.