Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
wouldn't m'baku start out as t'challa boy? then a heel turn influenced/manipulated by erik :ohhh:

Could be. M'Baku and T'Challa were actually cool at first in the comics, but their political opinions on what direction Wakanda should go made them go at each other.

In the comics, M'Baku and Killmonger are polar opposites politically. M'Baku wants the super old days to come back, while Killmonger wants Wakanda to be western. They do NOT fukk with each other in the comics. They might actually like T'Challa more than they like each other.

The MCU may go a different direction, especially with M'Baku being a "henchman." I do hope we see a resemblance of his old-school, super traditionalist perspective in the film.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Could be. M'Baku and T'Challa were actually cool at first in the comics, but their political opinions on what direction Wakanda should go made them go at each other.

In the comics, M'Baku and Killmonger are polar opposites politically. M'Baku wants the super old days to come back, while Killmonger wants Wakanda to be western. They do NOT fukk with each other in the comics. They might actually like T'Challa more than they like each other.

The MCU may go a different direction, especially with M'Baku being a "henchman." I do hope we see a resemblance of his old-school, super traditionalist perspective in the film.​

M'Baku challenging T'Challa for the throne in a trial by combat in wakandan styled coliseum arena:lawd:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
They fukking up with BP calling the CIA for help :stopitslime: He calling up the negro leagues of super heroes first :comeon: CIA wouldn't even make the list :snoop: He'd probably holla at Doom first before the cot damn CIA :pacspit:

CIA involvement?

:camby:

CIA involvement might be limited, but I def understand the concern. I'm crossing my fingers on this one. At best, its Ross and a very small amount of his staff.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
M'Baku challenging T'Challa for the throne in a trial by combat in wakandan styled coliseum arena:lawd:

That would be dope, I could see that happening too.

Sidenote: Isn't it kinda dope that any Wakandan can just pull up on BP and be like "you ain't shyt, I challenge you to a duel for the throne" and he has to accept it? Talk about holding your politicians accountable.:ehh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

The MCU may go a different direction, especially with M'Baku being a "henchman." I do hope we see a resemblance of his old-school, super traditionalist perspective in the film

Can't be making this dude KGBeast (although I thought he was good in the movie...should be more than a henchman character) in BvS, Bane in Batman and Robin status :patrice:

Maybe M'Baku is just playing the game until he gets power and then double crosses Killmonger. :ehh:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Do Kilmonger and M'Baku EVER have dialogue in the comics? I for the life of me can't recall a time they were ever in the same room

I don't think we've seen them in the same room, but Killmonger did say he did not fukk with M'Baku. Can't remember which issue in particular. It's def not surprising considering their views, can't imagine them getting along.

Might end up with an "enemy of my enemy is my temp allie" situation.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Anyone else feel like this could be the best MCU film ? :jbhmm:
Great cast & a black Director with clout and can write a good script.
It can easily be the highest grossing black film ever I see this film being a game changer in terms of representation.

Weirdest thing is, the casting isn't even done yet. We still don't have word on T'Challa's family and inner circle yet. I'm intrigued on how they'll approach that one.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Can't be making this dude KGBeast (although I thought he was good in the movie...should be more than a henchman character) in BvS, Bane in Batman and Robin status :patrice:

Maybe M'Baku is just playing the game until he gets power and then double crosses Killmonger. :ehh:

M'Baku, playing the game? Breh got too much pride for that lol.

But it's the MCU, so things might change this time around.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
M'Baku, playing the game? Breh got too much pride for that lol.

But it's the MCU, so things might change this time around.
No disrespect, but the MCU has me concerned with how they handle villains. :snoop:

This could be a LEGIT GREAT Geopolitical thriller if they get the villains right. :whoo::ohlawd:

Its Coogler, so I'm not doubting that it will be great. I just want a classic brehs.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Not everybody fukk with everybody. Brehs should be black excellence trying to carve out there own niche in Wakanda. None of of this henchman shyt. :rudy:

Word, and they did just that in the comics. Both Killmonger and M'Baku run their villages, each village being a reflection of their political beliefs.
No disrespect, but the MCU has me concerned with how they handle villains. :snoop:

This could be a LEGIT GREAT Geopolitical thriller if they get the villains right. :whoo::ohlawd:

Its Coogler, so I'm not doubting that it will be great. I just want a classic brehs.

Most def. Let's all consider the stances in Wakanda, assuming the MCU stick to the comics on that one:

-M'Baku wants to go back to the old ways.

-Killmonger wants Wakanda to go the western route.

Already you have potential conflict with the monarchy. Then within the monarchy itself you have:

-T'Challa, who wants Wakanda to move forward and no longer be as isolationist as it used to be.

-Royal family members (depending on which ones we'll see) who are like :whoa: about the outside world, preferring to deal with them only if needed, if at all. Some think T'Challa is going a bit too far.

Add all that to T'Chaka dying the way he did in Cap: Civil War and you have a political mindfield with potential beefs all over the country. T'Challa will not only have to punch people here and there, he'll have to get his politician on and put out the potential fires in the country.

And in the midst of all that, Nakia is sprung for T'Challa like :shaq:, Okoye is trying to dead that, Klaw is in the cut ready to make his move, and Ross and his peoples are like :bryan:somewhere, wondering how in the hell they even got themselves involved in all this fukkery.

If that's how the movie will be, then we're in for a treat:myman: