satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm 100% all for Lupita to be in the film.

But as the Love interest role?!?!?!:why::why:

Breh....Marvel better stop playing and give her the Shuri role, NOW!!!!:ufdup:

They did say they negotiations, so nothing set and stone yet.

I doubt they put her as the love interest in the movie, she might play black panther's sister

They wouldn't have put out love interest unless that's the role she's negotiating for. They didn't give a name but it's definitely looking like that:ld:

Lupita being cast:gladbron:, and not playing shuri:sadbron: Marvel botching their casting this early in the game:snoop:

Word, its still early in the game, and Marvel hasn't made it official yet.

But for real, a love interest? Sounds like a wasted opportunity to me, imho.

:popcorn: Why y'all don't want Lupita to be the Love Interest?

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Me too breh, I have nothing against Lupita but I wanna see her as love interest in this movie

Her past roles has not made me a fan for her being a love interest:aicmon:

Not to mention, love interests in the MCU so far have been mad ehhhhhh.

I hope that love interest part is wrong. Kick ass warrior princess >> regular love interest :obama:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:popcorn: Why y'all don't want Lupita to be the Love Interest?

I'm a Shuri fan and I've been fan-casting Lupita for the Shuri role for a minute now. I feel the role has a lot of potential, as well as the character in general.

The way the MCU has been going so far, love interests have been rather ehhhhh. The love interest probably will be Monica Lynne, and though there are good qualities about her, I'm not that big of a fan of the character. Perhaps my views on Monica may change via the movie appearance.

Last edited:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Lupita Nyong'o in Talks to Star in 'Black Panther' (Exclusive)

gettyimages-528312644-h_2016.jpg

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed 'Creed,' is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Lupita Nyong'o, who won an Oscar for her performance in 12 years a Slave, is in negotiations to star opposite Chadwick Boseman in Marvel Studios’ Black Panther.

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed Creed, is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Boseman and Black Panther were introduced in Captain America: Civil War, which crossed the $700 million worldwide mark in under a week and a half.

The character, whose name is T’Challa, is the warrior king of Wakanda, Marvel’s fictional African nation that is rich in an unbreakable alloy called vibranium.

N’yongo’s character has not been revealed although she will be the Panther’s love interest.

Panther has a February 2, 2018 release date with production aiming to start in early 2017.

N’yongo last appeared as the alien Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and lent her voice for the wolf Raksha in The Jungle Book. She is also attached to star in DreamWorks’ Intelligent Life, a sci-fi drama currently seeking a director.

She is repped by CAA.

A blind man could have seen this coming.:blessed:

Get yo paper, ma :banderas:

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I'm a Shuri fan and I've been fan-casting Lupita for the Shuri role for a minute now. I feel the role has a lot of potential, as well as the character in general.

The way the MCU has been going so far, love interests have been rather ehhhhh. The love interest probably will be Monica Lynne, and though there are good qualities about her, I'm not that big of a fan of the character. Perhaps my views on Monica may change via the movie appearance.
Yeah same I'd rather her be a badass character in her own right.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Not to mention, love interests in the MCU so far have been mad ehhhhhh.

I hope that love interest part is wrong. Kick ass warrior princess >> regular love interest :obama:
Yes MCU love interests has really been meh so far:pachaha:

I just hope the site who reported this is not a reliable source and I don't think marvel made a statement yet on the casting

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Lupita Nyong'o in Talks to Star in 'Black Panther' (Exclusive)

gettyimages-528312644-h_2016.jpg

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed 'Creed,' is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Lupita Nyong'o, who won an Oscar for her performance in 12 years a Slave, is in negotiations to star opposite Chadwick Boseman in Marvel Studios’ Black Panther.

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed Creed, is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Boseman and Black Panther were introduced in Captain America: Civil War, which crossed the $700 million worldwide mark in under a week and a half.

The character, whose name is T’Challa, is the warrior king of Wakanda, Marvel’s fictional African nation that is rich in an unbreakable alloy called vibranium.

N’yongo’s character has not been revealed although she will be the Panther’s love interest.

Panther has a February 2, 2018 release date with production aiming to start in early 2017.

N’yongo last appeared as the alien Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and lent her voice for the wolf Raksha in The Jungle Book. She is also attached to star in DreamWorks’ Intelligent Life, a sci-fi drama currently seeking a director.

She is repped by CAA.

Me and @Realdealholy called it at the BEGINNING of this thread.

She will be Shuri bet on it. You heard it hear first

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Yes MCU love interests has really been meh so far:pachaha:

I just hope the site who reported this is not a reliable source and I don't think marvel made a statement yet on the casting

Me and @Realdealholy called it at the BEGINNING of this thread.

She will be Shuri bet on it. You heard it hear first

I'm crossing my fingers brehs:wow:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami