Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
After just recently seeing 'Get On Up', I feel confident in Chadwick doing the role justice. I do wonder if/what martial arts training they'll give him for the role and how he'll do with that. He was surprising well with his hands in 'Get On Up', though I did read that he has taken up boxing for a while now tho (was moreso surprised they had James Brown have dem hands tho).

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
straight up i wish i could write the film :to:

Na.... You don't want this burden!!! Too much pressure! :childplease:

I mean think about it all the cats really waiting for you to fail so they can clown you and make memes?

Think about the Coli alone!!:russ:

Then 4686 daps and them 160 reps, you really think them niccas got you back and support you once RT gives you that F4 rating??:skip:

Where will @Realdealholy be when the Razzie awards start piling up!! :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global

I mean think about it all the cats really waiting for you to fail so they can clown you and make memes?

Then 4686 daps and them 160 reps, you really think them niccas got you back and support you once RT gives you that F4 rating??:skip:

:pachaha:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

If breh was chosen as the writer, why would we want him to fail?:dwillhuh:

You weird fam:russ:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I'm assuming you are including independent comic writers, cuz most of them haven't written in the big 2. And how do you define great?

The black writers who's work I liked or heard good things about are below. I won't include Priest and McDuffie since you mentioned "currently" (Priest left the biz almost a decade ago and McDuffie passed away 4-5 years ago):

-Denys Cowan
-Brandon Easton
-Erica Alexander
-Kevin Grevioux
-Reggie Hudlin
-Joseph Phillip Illidge
-Roye Okoye

That's all I remember on top of my head.

And that's what's up....

My thing is, as a Black person, I too would love to see a black person write/direct/produce or etc this movie too.

But I don't want it done for the sake of it or at the expense of someone more talented and etc.

I wouldn't care if this movie was Russian chick who never met a black person in their live. As long as they have respect for the character/history, keep the execution of the story on point, & follow the "formula"

***** NO NO NO!!! I DONT WANNA HEAR THAT shyt FOLKS!!

Remember, the lovers of these movie franchises are the same lovers of the comics and more importantly the cartoons.

And the Xmen, Spider-Man, Hulk, SilverSurfer, F4, etc Marvel cartoons ALL had the same formula back then yet alone music at times and no one complained ******

And is the best at what they do.... I can rock with it.

A great movie isost important to me

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

I don't think he wants him to fail, he's saying the pressure of this movie being a success, and the aftermath if it isn't, would be huge if you were writing it. More so than probably any MCU movie to date.

Fred.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Cuz everyone always has haters.... I think it's weird how like there are 2 famous bball players right.

One who grew up privilege with both his parents in a loving house hold, traveled the world and shyt and is more European than black

While the other is a former project kid who grew up with only his mother and child hood friends broke

Yet everyone praises the privilege guy and shyts on the kids who had it rough?

Weird world

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I don't think he wants him to fail, he's saying the pressure of this movie being a success, and the aftermath if it isn't, would be huge if you were writing it. More so than probably any MCU movie to date.

Fred.

Point taken, but I doubt Disney would allow just anybody to be involved in the screenwriting process. They know what is at stake as well.

But in fairness, this will a movie in which the fire will be in the details.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
And that's what's up....

My thing is, as a Black person, I too would love to see a black person write/direct/produce or etc this movie too.

But I don't want it done for the sake of it or at the expense of someone more talented and etc.

At the bold: I hear this a lot, especially when black characters are involved.

No one has ever said the writer / director / etc had to be black or that not being black disqualifies you from the job.

Maybe, just maybe, the writer / director / etc, who is black, might just be the best person for the job? That's a likely scenario as well.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Well that's the thing, outside of the names we've been familiar with, we just don't know. They don't get a chance to pen something in the big 2. Thus a lot of people don't consider them great or a Big 2 editor won't look at them.

It's a cycle that continues over and over again.
Yo i forgot the wives in training deal, yea they DEF gotta drop that.

Also, beyond being bodyguards, I'd say keep them between 3-5, give them clear identities and personalities, make them an elite group that is sent to handle missions that are highly valuable to Wakandan interests. They can do high priority infiltration missions for example.

Add that plus protecting the BP when overseaes.

EDIT: I would also say, let The Doras be part of Wakandas's national security apparatus and have Shuri run it. Make Shuri Wakanda's Secretary of Defense, for a lack of better phrase. Gives Shuri and the Doras (women in general) more importance to Wakandan Society.

I think Shuri should be saved for the Sequel. Part one should be all T'Challa

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I think Shuri should be saved for the Sequel. Part one should be all T'Challa

I thought that at first, but T'Challa's supporting cast isn't that big that Shuri would be overkill if she was on the film.

Plus, Shuri adds another dimension to his family and Wakanda in general. She def doesn't have to have a big role in the first film (it's all T'Challa) but possibly in the sequel, if they have one.

Either way, T'Challa will have the bigger role without a doubt.