Nutritionists Avoid These 3 Toxic Cereals at All Costs

morris

Superstar
Daps

by KELSEY CLARK

If your chapped mouth wasn't any indication, many cereals aren't exactly good for you. Packed with added sugar, GMOs, hydrogenated oils, and more, starting off your morning with a bowl of cereal is basically like eating an artificially enhanced dessert for breakfast. That said, some cereals are definitely worse than others—namely, the ones we grew up eating in the '80s and '90s. While new FDA regulations and editorial exposés have shed a much-needed light on the true nutritional content of these kid-oriented products, many unhealthy cereals still sit on our supermarket shelves. Fortunately, a little awareness can go a long way.

These are the sugar-packed cereals to avoid like the plague, according to Mamavation:

Froot Loops
The top offender on Mamavation's list, Kellogg's Froot Loops are chock-full of GMOs, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, modified food starch, artificial dyes, 10 grams of sugar per serving, and more. Unfortunately, Toucan Sam has been a successful marketing tool for Kellogg's, making Froot Loops a kid fan favorite since the '90s.

Lucky Charms
The fact that this cereal has processed marshmallows in it is your first clue that it isn't a suitable breakfast food (or even a dessert). Packed with corn syrup, dextrose, modified corn starch, trisodium phosphate, artificial dyes, and another 10 grams of sugar per 3/4 cup, Lucky Charms contain almost as much sugar as a twin-wrapped package of Peanut Butter Twix.

Cap'N Crunch Crunch Berries
Speaking of cereals that cut up the roof of your mouth, Cap'N Crunch original and Cap'N Crunch Crunch Berries are two of the most unhealthy cereals you could possibly eat. With 11 grams of sugar per serving (15 grams in the limited-edition "All Berries" version), plus GMOs, artificial dyes, BHT, and more, these sharp cereal bits can wreak serious havoc on your gums and give you a major sugar rush first thing in the morning.

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
  1. Kellogg’s Fruit Loops: Sugar, hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated vegetable oils, modified food starch, annatto, BHT, artificial dyes including red #40, 10g of sugar. Fruit Loops with Marshmallows contains 13g.
  2. Kellogg’s Corn Pops: Sugar and molasses, hydrogenated vegetable oils, annatto, BHT, 9g of sugar.
  3. Kellogg’s Apple Jacks: Sugar, partially and fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, modified food starch, modified corn starch, artificial dyes including red #40, BHT, 10g of sugar.
  4. Kellogg’s Honey Smacks: Sugar, honey and dextrose, partially and fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, soy lecithin, BHT and topping our list with a whopping 15g of sugar.
  5. General Mills Lucky Charms: Sugar, corn syrup and dextrose, modified corn starch, trisodium phosphate, artificial dyes including red #40, artificial flavor, 10g of sugar.
  6. General Mills Boo Berry/Count Chocula/Franken Berry: Sugar, dextrose and corn syrup, modified corn starch, canola oil, BHT, trisodium phosphate, artificial flavor, artificial dyes including red #40, artificial flavor, 9g of sugar.
  7. General Mills Trix: Sugar, corn syrup, BHT, trisodium phosphate, artificial dyes including red #40, 10g of sugar.
  8. Post Foods Fruity Pebbles: Sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oils, BHA, artificial flavor, artificial dyes including red #40, 9g of sugar.
  9. Cap’N Crunch CrunchBerries: Sugar, brown sugar, BHT, artificial flavor, artificial dyes including red #40, 11g of sugar. OOPS! All Berries contains 15g of sugar.
  10. Post Golden Crisps: Corn syrup, honey, caramel color. I had to add this one even though it’s not full of too many toxins because of the sugar content: a whopping 14g per serving!

(Here is the entire top ten list from the article).

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I havent had any of these in a while.

I know Aldi ditched the food dyes and is now using natural coloring for its cereals.

Last edited:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
I bouhgt a box of Lucky Charms, a box of Cookie Crisp a box of Honey Nut Cheerios and a box of Reese Puff cereal a few days ago.
All 4 came to 10 dollars and I got a free gallon of milk.

I have healthy cereal as well (healthier, anyway) cause I have several boxes of Casadian Farms cereals and some Three Sisiters cerals from whole foods, but I ran outta milk and it seemed like a great deal to spend 5 extra dollars and get 4 boxes of cereal.

I'm surprised the other three boxes I bought aren't on that list, but I guess I can't fk with Lucky Charms anymore.
I don't wannt throw it away tho... Is it fukked up to give something to the homeless if you don't wanna eat it cause it isnt good for you? :patrice:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's be reality, just about all those cereals you liked as a kid were extremely bad for you. I did keep some of those cereals arounds for my kids but they were only allowed to eat them on Saturday mornings and no more than a bowl. I don't keep any of that junk in the house now though, hell some of those 'healthy' cereals are just as bad.