NPR show breaks down how highways ruined black communities, and caused urban economic disparities

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx On The Legacy Of The U.S. Highway System - The Diane Rehm Show

MP3 here: http://downloads.wamu.org/mp3/dr/16/03/r1160331.mp3?siteplayer=true&dl=1

This is mandatory listening for everyone.

It talks with explicit quotes about efforts to undermine and destroy black communities by reducing transit opportunities and limiting access to those communities in ways that has to this day affected the development of economies.

There were laws and policies in places to limit black transit and have affected things like commute and ease of commerce in ways that are still being seen today. MARTA in Atlanta sucks. In Baltimore many areas are being prevented from expanding transit in black communities. In Los Angeles they turned affluent black neighborhoods in to slums on purpose.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
  • 10:11:58
    ROTHSTEIN It was actually quite explicit. As you know, much of our legislation is designed by lobbyists and the chief lobbyist behind the federal housing -- federal highway bill, rather, in 1956 the designed and created the interstate highway system was a fellow named Alfred Johnson who was the executive director of the American Association State Highway Officials. And he said later, in reflecting on how he had gotten the interstate highway system built, he said that city officials expressed the view in the mid 1950s, I'm quoting now and I'm sorry I have to do this, but I'm quoting.

• 10:12:33
    ROTHSTEIN He said, "city officials expressed the view in the mid 1950s that the urban interstates would give them a good opportunity to get rid of the local ni&&er town."

Heafcliffe

Hope there's puddin' in the clink...
Daps
Reppin
Districto de Columbia
For those in the DMV area, I have always thought this and left me:ohhh:.

Take the Beltway 495. As you go north through Montgomery County (the affluent white area), the highway curves and rounds many neighborhoods. Steering wheel stay turning.

Go the southern route through Prince George's County (the minority/ Black area), highway cut through with straightways like butter. Damn near get bored because you going straight for so long.

Cousin hipped me to this many years ago.

Last edited:

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
Yeah Florida brehs who are older know the highways were always used to destroy black neighborhood by just adding more lanes they're doing thst to Dallas right now, Lotta blacks live off the highways and they're expanding it causing people to leave.

I'll find a shown on this, good info.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
This is the current secretary under Obama :wow:

Theres so much game and knowledge in here.

Talking about how dudes literally were shytting on black neighborhoods and restricted blacks from taking use of highways. shyt blew my mind.

:wow:

powerfu post and thread, homie. Repped.

Eminent domain and big government authority have been used as tools to marginilize the poor and blacks for some time. But the level of evil is just :mindblown:

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs