NO TROLLING: I fail to see how BOTW is a 10/10 when it has all the flaws of open world games

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I'm about 20 hours in cause I didn't start playing this until I finished up Horizon.

But BOTW is the shining example of fans and media overrating Nintendo cause we want so much for them to be great

Just like Other Open world games BOTW

Story lacks urgency, focus and takes a beach seat to the world

Archaic fetch side quest

Climbing towers to open the map

Time padding collect thons( millions of korok seeds)

Having to constantly pause the game & browse through menus

No sense of progression sense I have all the skills at the start.

Lack of enemy variety

And last but not least the lack of music and atmosphere in the open world really brings the game to drag at times

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its a 10 out of 10 because of its legacy.

truthful its more like a 9.5 Because the story is very basic, but its more about the journey than the story...everyone wont see it that way however.

The menu's are another thing that can be criticized, I don't mind them at all. A RPG doesn't really feel like an rpg unless I'm messing with my menu's.

I don't know what you mean by fetch quest out of the 10 or so side quest I have maybe 4 are "go get or kill this" Most are semi puzzles or treasure maps. With a few being more than that.

I love the ambience sounds of the game its less about the music and more about what you hear around you.

The music is blended perfectly with that imo.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Its a 10 out of 10 because of its legacy.

truthful its more like a 9.5 Because the story is very basic, but its more about the journey than the story...everyone wont see it that way however.

The menu's are another thing that can be criticized, I don't mind them at all. A RPG doesn't really feel like an rpg unless I'm messing with my menu's.

I don't know what you mean by fetch quest out of the 10 or so side quest I have maybe 4 are "go get or kill this" Most are semi puzzles are treasure maps. With a few being more than that.

I love the ambience sounds of the game its less about the music and more about what you hear around you.

The music is blended perfectly with that imo.
Because of legacy? I'm not sure what you mean

And it's about the journey can be said for many video games And it doesn't excuse anything I said

What I mean by Menus is constantly having to pause the game for things like cooking, switching weapons and armor

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Interesting :jbhmm:

I'm waiting until Mario to buy switch and Zelda as well

I look forward to seeing how the word of mouth progresses during that time.

I haven't played it so I can't say,but it usually takes about 6 months before the "truth" about games comes out after the initial hype dies down.

Sometimes opinions don't change,sometimes they do. :jbhmm:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Interesting :jbhmm:

I'm waiting until Mario to buy switch and Zelda as well
It's a g
I look forward to seeing how the word of mouth progresses during that time.

I haven't played it so I can't say,but it usually takes about 6 months before the "truth" about games comes out after the initial hype dies down.

Sometimes opinions don't change,sometimes they do. :jbhmm:
It's a good game and like @Kamikaze Revy says that should be how we review games

But if you think Nintendo did something new and refreshing with the open world game format then you will be disappointed

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
Just completed Horizon last Wednesday, and was finally able to find a Switch Friday, and been playing Zelda non-stop. The only thing Horizon has over this game is perhaps graphics. Zelda is the better game between the two; however, with the way the game is structured each player will have their own unique experience; the game does not hold your hand.

The game is a 10 and is the better game between the two.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Just completed Horizon last Wednesday, and was finally able to find a Switch Friday, and been playing Zelda non-stop. The only thing Horizon has over this game is perhaps graphics. Zelda is the better game between the two; however, with the way the game is structured each player will have their own unique experience; the game does not hold your hand.

This thread isn't about BOTW vs Horizon

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

horizon's graphics will age worse due to imitating photorealism, where Zelda's won't because it's art style mimics animated films. so i'd argue that zelda has better graphics for that sole reason

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Maybe some folks feel a way about a game that any "flaws" they find aren't enough to dock it. Stop trying to find reasons to dismiss reviews for games you don't feel a way about. Y'all always do this; a game y'all not hyped about gets really good scores and then the conspiracies come out and the games that score less are actually way better and it's just "cacs mad" :russell:

The game can be a 10 to one person and a 5 to someone else. No amount of fancy buzzwords and verbiage will change that. You're just copy and pasting things you heard from other games and throwing them onto Zelda because reasons.

teacher

All Star
Daps
horizon's graphics will age worse due to imitating photorealism, where Zelda's won't because it's art style mimics animated films. so i'd argue that zelda has better graphics for that sole reason
a more timeless art direction I think is more accurate