New Webseries Blue Collar Hustle (SEASON 2 AVAILABLE NOW)

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Episode 4 was cool for a dialogue driven episode. I enjoyed the theme and direction of this episode. I thought the intro scene with the lines/poem kinda went on a lil bit too long, but that was my only real gripe. I liked the conversation that happened afterwards. It's almost cliche in a real life type of way how any time a black invests his own money into something he believes in, chicks be acting like its the end of the world. I know nikkas should be able to relate to that conversation. I'm glad it played out in a positive way on the show though. Good to see respectful black couples in shows
The office conversation sounded like a locker room thread that came to life. :mjlol:.
It got a lil preachy at points, but it was still cool. I thought the whole family slow motion transition scene was unnecessary. It just felt a lil corny an forced.

Other than that, I thought the episode was dope. The ending was a good way to close out the show's theme The song at the end credits was fire.

I'm hyped for the 5th episode :ohlawd:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Episode 5 advance review

We Don’t Play Around” gives viewers insight on the obstacles of going after a dream. Though the characters all have bills and responsibilities of their own, that doesn’t stop them from investing their time and money into a mutual vision.

In Episode 5, an artist displays his talent on the airways but is lacking the inspiration to finish his project. He learns that investing in yourself can be expensive and tedious and wonders if it’s worth the hassle. He draws inspiration from his team of friends, who are willing to sacrifice their time and money for a mutual dream."

Link for full review

BLUE COLLAR HUSTLE "WE DON'T PLAY AROUND" EP 5 REVIEW

Paradise

Too tired to think of something witty to say...
Daps
Congrats to you and your crew!!!

Continued success to all of you!!!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Indyred re-reviews the series after seeing Episodes 4&5

"Blue Collar Hustle" has moved beyond a musical drama and infected my brain with it's musically inspired political thinking. Damn. Who would have thought a web series... an indie low budget series, could cause so much thought beyond what's directly presented onscreen. Do I suspect this is an intentional thing from the writer? Hell yes. I'm pretty damn sure. These guys know what they're doing."

Full review below

Blue Collar Hustle

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
The homie @Majestic and the fam over at 808sandblues published an episode 5 review:salute:

"It’s not often that we get to see young, working class African Americans who are building together instead of tearing one another down. Add to that an ensemble of interesting characters and a storyline that is rather unique in execution (if not narrative) and you have a winning combination."

Link to full review below

Blue Collar Hustle Episode 5 Review