My thoughts on Roman Reigns Pre-WM XXX

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Just for the TSC record, so it can be archived.

I really think Roman Reigns is about to take off more than Cena could ever. The aura around Reigns is just there, where you knew with Cena that it would take a while to find who he was as a wrestler. It doesn't hurt to know that the Wrestling family trained Roman years in advance. Lets look at the checklist.
  • Roman has signature taunts. The Superman Kneel and Punch. Not to mention his pre-finisher Predator taunt and growl.
  • He has the look with the fatigues, the glare of a dude you don't want to fukk with.
  • Pretty basic, but believable move set for his body; The Spear. Not to mention the Superman punch and the kick to the head outside the ring.
  • He doesn't need to be a CM Punk on the mic, because Roman can just be the heavy and just talk in simple promos.
  • The crowd respects him a ton.
As of now. I am holding Roman Reigns in high regard. I think, and this is just me, but I can easily see right now Roman being above the Rock. Maybe even above Stone Cold Steve Austin in time. I don't think he will surpass Hogan, but I will say that Roman has it.

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just for the TSC record, so it can be archived.

I really think Roman Reigns is about to take off more than Cena could ever. The aura around Reigns is just there, where you knew with Cena that it would take a while to find who he was as a wrestler. It doesn't hurt to know that the Wrestling family trained Roman years in advance. Lets look at the checklist.
  • Roman has signature taunts. The Superman Kneel and Punch. Not to mention his pre-finisher Predator taunt and growl.
  • He has the look with the fatigues, the glare of a dude you don't want to fukk with.
  • Pretty basic, but believable move set for his body; The Spear. Not to mention the Superman punch and the kick to the head outside the ring.
  • He doesn't need to be a CM Punk on the mic, because Roman can just be the heavy and just talk in simple promos.
  • The crowd respects him a ton.
As of now. I am holding Roman Reigns in high regard. I think, and this is just me, but I can easily see right now Roman being above the Rock. Maybe even above Stone Cold Steve Austin in time. I don't think he will surpass Hogan, but I will say that Roman has it.

Yeah I don't get where some of the TSC brehs think that Roman isn't really impressive. I actually like Seth and Dean more than him, but I can see that Roman is gonna be the bigger name.

And if he gets caught saying AH shyt SON just 1 or 2 more times I can make a killing off the t-shirt design :blessed:

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
:Hulk Hogan You FD Up: you out of your god damn mind brother if you think that

Reigns has a future,barring injuries and politics, but Rock,Hogan and Austin are once in a lifetime icons that can never be duplicated or passed
they transcend the sport

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So just because he has taunts and looks cool he'll take off?

I could list at least 15 wrestlers who had that and flopped.

Then you have your Mick Foleys who look like shyt and get over more than your Chris Masters could dream of

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:Hulk Hogan You FD Up: you out of your god damn mind brother if you think that

Reigns has a future,barring injuries and politics, but Rock,Hogan and Austin are once in a lifetime icons that can never be duplicated or passed
they transcend the sport
So just because he has taunts and looks cool he'll take off?

I could list at least 15 wrestlers who had that and flopped.

Then you have your Mick Foleys who look like shyt and get over more than your Chris Masters could dream of

You cannot deny the power of a Wrestling Family. The Anoa'i family is a wrestling family, like the Von Erichs or Rhodes, or Rotundas. When you step into the ring, you represent not just the present but the past. Roman Reign will not flop, and as far as Rock and Austin. The reason why Austin and the Rock are where they are, was because they were matched up. Without Rock, Austin never got to his position and the same without Steve Austin.

TRIPLE M

Daps
You cannot deny the power of a Wrestling Family. The Anoa'i family is a wrestling family, like the Von Erichs or Rhodes, or Rotundas. When you step into the ring, you represent not just the present but the past. Roman Reign will not flop, and as far as Rock and Austin. The reason why Austin and the Rock are where they are, was because they were matched up. Without Rock, Austin never got to his position and the same without Steve Austin.

Austin got big over the bret hart feud, rock was still rocky maivia:beli:
he didn't need him,or to get to his position with him

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Austin got big over the bret hart feud, rock was still rocky maivia:beli:
he didn't need him,or to get to his position with him

Not quite. Stone Cold/Bret only elevated him to the Main Event, and showcased his Toughness to the fans. The Stone Cold everyone knew for stunning people, was made part by the Vince McMahon/Rock corporation fukkery.

TRIPLE M

Daps
Not quite. Stone Cold/Bret only elevated him to the Main Event, and showcased his Toughness to the fans. The Stone Cold everyone knew for stunning people, was made part by the Vince McMahon/Rock corporation fukkery.

so you're just going to forget his feud with Hart after Mania 13…...:comeon:

he was doing that before rock was even in the corporation:Hulk Hogan You FD Up:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin

True I will give you that, but even then Austin was still cooking. If Bret kept his ass home, this would have been a different story altogether. In fact Austin would have been held much higher in regards in my mind. But like I said before in the OP, this is pre-WM XXX. The ceiling might be too high to project for Roman Reigns, but you cannot deny that there is so much buzz about him. The talent is just there for him to be elevated into a bracket above Main Event, and a serious money making draw.

TRIPLE M

Daps
True I will give you that, but even then Austin was still cooking. If Bret kept his ass home, this would have been a different story altogether. In fact Austin would have been held much higher in regards in my mind. But like I said before in the OP, this is pre-WM XXX. The ceiling might be too high to project for Roman Reigns, but you cannot deny that there is so much buzz about him. The talent is just there for him to be elevated into a bracket above Main Event, and a serious money making draw.
only way to be above Main Event bracket is to hit main stream..and there is no one on the roster except Hulk Hogan who is main stream,which why he's getting all the main stream wrestlemania promotion

for Reigns to get to that level will be impossible, just like it it is for 99.9% of other wrestlers

Do you really think Reigns is going to be on the cover of TV Guide anytime soon?

El Cocodrilo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I'm with Mushroom that even though any good wrestling fan knows the Austin-Bret feud, the peak of the attitude era saw Austin going against The Corporation which was Vince and Rocky and that's what the mainstream fan remembers when they think of Stone Cold.