My take on why certain AA's aren't flourishing under Obama

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's simple...AA's don't take advantage of SBA loans as much as other minorities do. They also have shorter survival rates.

Obama's budget aggressively pushed initiatives to increase ownership of Black Businesses (from the MBDA website):

The answer for our Bureau started with looking at the grassroots where MBDA interacts on a daily basis with minority business owners. Our front lines are our 39 MBDA Business Centers and related business development support services. Our plan is to strengthen connections at that level to enhance services and get more for your tax dollar.The centers, operated by local entities, are funded in part by grants from MBDA. The average grant is less than $300,000 and had not experienced an increase in funding in over 15 years. . . until recently. Last year, when we launched a new round of competitions, MBDA was able to increase the size of the grants and extend awards from three years to five years. As a result of earlier streamlining efforts, MBDA was also able to expand its presence to establish new centers in Denver, Cleveland, Boston, Minneapolis and Anchorage in fiscal year 2011.

Unfortunately, AA's do NOT take advantage of available resources that would allow them to create their own jobs and businesses. Instead, I see a bunch of whining and complaining about not getting a job like it's a god-given right to have one. What the MBDA offers is literally free (courses, seminars, training, think-tanks for start-ups, etc), but AA's are not taking advantage.

Right now, I work for a large-sized federal contractor. There are a large number of federal contracts that only allow MBEs and WBEs to bid on that service. The pool for MBEs is small, but sometimes just existing alone is good enough to get the contract (you can win a contract and just subcontract to a firm like the big boys do).

It is not Obama's fault people aren't tapping into these available resources. Asians and Hispanics are thriving off of SBA's. Hispanics are using SBA's at a rate almost double what AA's and Asians use combined.

There is NO EXCUSE. Even if your idea is a simple weave store in the hood, that should be good enough to get a lone. There should be no reason why Asians own the majority of stores in predominantly AA areas. None at all.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But its also about informing each other whats available.

Why aren't Blacks being made privy of the options available?

Dude...simply going to your local bank and inquiring about the SBA loan is enough get someone put on the right track. The MBDA have offices in every metropolitan city in this country.

If you don't know where your local grocery store is, are you just going to sit at home and starve? C'mon son.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ad Hominem

do you know what an "ad hominem" attack is? It means I attacked you with a reference to something unrelated to the discussion. You talking about business ownership, while sporting a "wakeupnow" avi is absolutely relevant. Wakeupnow tricked a bunch of people like you into thinking you were independent business owners, when in reality you weren't owning anything at all. If 1/10th of the black people who believed they were business owners under wakeupnow started a legitimate business using an SBA loan, we'd have a legitimate network of black businesses to commerce with. Instead dumbasses like yourself pissed away money on a damn pyramid scheme.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
do you know what an "ad hominem" attack is? It means I attacked you with a reference to something unrelated to the discussion. You talking about business ownership, while sporting a "wakeupnow" avi is absolutely relevant. Wakeupnow tricked a bunch of people like you into thinking you were independent business owners, when in reality you weren't owning anything at all. If 1/10th of the black people who believed they were business owners under wakeupnow started a legitimate business using an SBA loan, we'd have a legitimate network of black businesses to commerce with. Instead dumbasses like yourself pissed away money on a damn pyramid scheme.

Wow you really are a moron. By totally not addressing my point and addressing my e character, you have committed an ad hominem.
Finally, maybe if you were on wake up now you wouldnt have time to make such long winded and empty posts on Thecoli

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wow you really are a moron. By totally not addressing my point and addressing my e character, you have committed an ad hominem.
Finally, maybe if you were on wake up now you wouldnt have time to make such long winded and empty posts on Thecoli

ehhh whatever...continue being broke and gtfo of my thread

ps you didn't make a point worth addressing, chump

yV50dkL.gif