Mutulu shakur, files lawsuit against government for illegally holding him in prison

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
Mutulu-Shakur-Tupac-Shakur.jpg

After serving three decades in a federal penitentiary, freedom fighter and father figure to the late Hip Hop icon Tupac Shakur says that the government is illegally keeping him behind bars.

Mutulu Shakur has filed a lawsuit against the government of the United States earlier this week, claiming his Constitutional First Amendment rights are being used against him, to prevent his release.

“Plaintiff has led a highly productive and exemplary life in prison, influencing his stepson Tupac Shakur’s career as a worldwide renowned hip hop artist with messages of non-violence that reached millions of young people,”

Dr. Mutula stated in his federal lawsuit.

“As established by letters in the record and Plaintiff’s statement at several parole hearings, throughout his incarceration Plaintiff has been outspoken against gang violence and crime. He has consistently expressed support for peaceful and constructive changes in all matters involving racial disparities and social justice. He has never in 30 years of incarceration supported or in any way implied support for criminal conduct or violence to achieve social justice,” the lawsuit says.

Mutulu Shakur, who is affectionately still known as “The Doc” for his miraculous, naturopathic remedies for heroin addicts, was sentenced to 60 years in prison in 1987 after being convicted of robbing a Brinks truck of almost $2 million and killing three security guards from the company. He was also convicted for aiding and abetting the escape of Assata Shakur from a New Jersey State Prison after she was sentenced to life for the murder of a NJ State Trooper in 1973. Assata is currently in political asylum in Cuba, where she has been for at least three decades.

Shakur went up fpr a parole hearing two years ago, but was denied because of a single positive drug test that he failed almost thirty years prior to the parole hearing.

According to the latest court filing Mutulu, who was once a target of the FBI/CIA’s infamous Cointelpro, says his First Amendment rights are being ignored.

“The commission has failed to adopt or apply any known standards on the meaning of frequent rule violations. A handful of old telephone rule violations over 30 years do not show Plaintiff frequently violated prison rules or is likely to re-offend If released on parole,” said the lawsuit

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
And this is where black people are in a jam.

We are on enemy territory and can be persecuted illegally at any time!

There needs to be a way to nullify political persecution. That way is to declare our tribe a nation, such as american aboriginals or american blacks, etc. Notice I place the america part first! To emphasise that we're aboriginal or black before american.

As a nation of people with an identity and nationality, such issues can be bought to a world court. We should have better status than mongloid native americans!

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps

There needs to be a way to nullify political persecution. That way is to declare our tribe a nation, such as american aboriginals or american blacks, etc. Notice I place the america part first! To emphasise that we're aboriginal or black before american.

As a nation of people with an identity and nationality, such issues can be bought to a world court. We should have better status than mongloid native americans!
i keep forgetting you change yo name. good poster salute to you.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
This case is a perfect example of why people hesitate to be leaders in the black community. Well if he's innocent of robbing and killing.

If he's in there for political reasons we should have been organized and demanded his release. I'm way rusty on his case though.

Stuff like this is possible because right now we're all "every man for himself".

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika

Here you go with this stupid, ignorant, and disrespectful shyt again. Stop it :stopitslime: stop with the pseudoscience, stop with the pseudo-history, stop trying to undermine the land claims and identity of Indigenous peoples and nations that were ethnically cleansed and forced onto reservations, stop disrespecting our ancestors who were ripped away from Africa and forced across the Atlantic to labor in the Americas. Just stop.

I'm not going to address the above again in this thread, because that's not what it is for.

The rest of the post, I agree with with regards to our national identity and bringing issues to the international arena. Mutulu himself speaks to this: we are New Afrikans.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
This case is a perfect example of why people hesitate to be leaders in the black community. Well if he's innocent of robbing and killing.

If he's in there for political reasons we should have been organized and demanded his release. I'm way rusty on his case though.

Stuff like this is possible because right now we're all "every man for himself".

Yes.

There are dozens of political prisoners, many of whom have been imprisoned for over 30 years from the last crest of our liberation struggle in the 60s/70s.

These people are little-known and ignored, partly because we have a very weak ethnic and national identity, and have no liberatory political agenda as a collective. It's a goddamn shame that people gave up their lives (whether they died or were imprisoned) for us and their names don't ring out.

For those interested in learning more, I made this topic in The Root a while back: Compendium: New Afrikan (AA) Political Prisoners/Prisoners of War in U.S.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
These crackers are STILL mad about Assata Shakur so theyre holding onto Mutulu to be spiteful. That's all it is. There was a big ass "Assata Shakur - Wanted" billboard outside of the FBI building in Newark a year or two ago. Assata been in Cuba for how long? That tells you all you need to know right there.