MoviePass: It's Back (Different tiers, use at any participating theaters)

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I went from maybe seeing a movie maybe once or twice a month on Tuesday for $5

To going maybe twice or 3 times a week cause of movie pass

But Best believe I'm still putting food and drinks in my girls purse :yes:
I get heated now if I go at a matinee and the ticket is 6 bucks lol

But at night when the ticket is 14 dollars.....feels good man.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

Anything after 12 pm is $12 here. I been raping them.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
MoviePass is back available at all AMC locations

MoviePass is back available at all AMC locations

Patrick T. Fallon/Bloomberg via Getty Images
DEREK LAWRENCE
April 04, 2018 AT 10:26 PM EDT
The standoff between AMC and MoviePass has ended.

After previously pulling its movie subscription service from several of the most popular AMC locations, MoviePass has relented and added them back to its list of the available theaters, EW has confirmed.

Back in January, Moviepass, which allows subscribers to see one movie per day for as low as $6.95 a month, abruptly stopped servicing 10 large AMC theaters in Los Angeles, New York, and other major cities.

To help its own costs, MoviePass has sought reduced ticket prices from theater chains, a request that AMC has reportedly refused to accommodate.

AMC also threatened take legal action against MoviePass last August, when the service slashed its monthly price to $9.95 (from $15-$50). At the time, the theater chain called MoviePass a “small fringe player” with an “unsustainable” business model.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
MoviePass announced today a new bundle with iHeartRadio, where new subscribers can pay $29.95 to see four 2D movies a month for three months with a free three-month extended trial of the latter’s All Access-on-demand music feature.

While the business media and Wall Street analysts has gone to town to declare how MoviePass is bleeding more money than it’s taking in with its unlimited movie-ticket plan, this is an experiment to see how many subs take to the four-tickets-a-month idea. While MoviePass isn’t executing a 180-degree change in its strategy, it is testing the waters to see what happens when the marketplace is presented with different options — in this case a package which offers a cap on movie tickets.

We’re bound to see more of these MoviePass bundle offers with a cap on monthly tickets in the near future. This deal with iHeartRadio is the second following the movie-ticket subscription service’s teaming with indie streaming service Fandor. Hulu and Spotify recently announced a $12.99-a-month promo bundle in an effort to boost subs. The thinking is that there’s more takeaway for MoviePass in this recent pairing in regards to how a new set of subs react.

Spotify counts more than 70M paying subscribers worldwide and after making shares available on the NYSE at the beginning of April, it was trading at $149 a share at midday, with a market cap near $27 billion. iHeartRadio counts 110M registered users on its digital music service, but it filed for bankruptcy protetion in March in an effort to restructure $10B of its debt, about half of what it owes. iHeartRadio All Access allows listeners to search and play any song instantly, listen to curated playlists and create unlimited playlists of their own, save songs directly from the radio to their device, and enjoy unlimited skips.

MoviePass’ dream goal is to one day control 22%-25% of the weekend box office — something some distribution executives scoff at, but MoviePass is adamant about.

MoviePass made the iHeartRadio announcement today in conjunction with the 2018 Coachella Music Festival & Arts Festival. Shares of HMNY, MoviePass’ parent company, were trading at $3.17 as of midday, +4.97%.

This is only for new subs

Current members are safe...for now

EDIT: Didn't know this was a thing they're starting too...

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They have over 2 million subscribers. There are theatres that cost less then $10. Not everyone is gonna maximize this and im sure not every month a hit movie will be out. The more subscribers they get, the easier it becomes to monetize the people who dont go as much and/or bank on movies that wont be block buster hits to not come out often. Lets face it, no one goes to see a new movie every month and they sure as hell aint releasing huge hits every month. The service will make profits off of those two things alone
No their goal is to build up a subscriber base and use that as leverage to get favorable deals with theaters. They also spy on their users and collect data on them but given the recent Facebook troubles they might have to fall back.

We live in a weird era now where businesses that have very questionable paths to profitability get funded and operate at losses for years trying to take marketshare.

Some of the largest brands we know are businesses that carry excessive debt while growing marketshare like Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Spotify, Pandora, Planet Fitness. The list goes on and on of popular brands that either aren't profitable or are in large amounts of debt.

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
No their goal is to build up a subscriber base and use that as leverage to get favorable deals with theaters. They also spy on their users and collect data on them but given the recent Facebook troubles they might have to fall back.

We live in a weird era now where businesses that have very questionable paths to profitability get funded and operate at losses for years trying to take marketshare.

Some of the largest brands we know are businesses that carry excessive debt while growing marketshare like Uber, Netflix, Twitter, Spotify, Pandora, Planet Fitness. The list goes on and on of popular brands that either aren't profitable or are in large amounts of debt.

I thought Netflix has more revenue than they know what to do with from their subscriber base?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I thought Netflix has more revenue than they know what to do with from their subscriber base?
Netflix usually operates a few billion in debt as they spend to produce more and more content. They will likely be fine but other companies not so much.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So looking on the website the limit is 4 movies a month now for $10 a month. The unlimited 1 a day plan is no longer offered. That’s a good move for them. At least they’re trying to get on a sustainable path. If they limit the movies to 1 a week it makes it more likely people don’t use it as much. Now they need better rates at the theater.