I read that quote in his Mr. Clark voice from Lean On Me

:lolbron:

Morgan-Freeman-Joe-Louis-Clark-Lean-on-Me.jpg

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nothing they do will help. It should be cheaper entertainment cost.

While I get that, let's not act like like if the shyt was even dramatically cheaper, that it would stop people from pirating it for free. Also, the costs of everything is in part a matter of everything being priced at what it is. Food, gas, utilities, etc. all rise in costs each year due to inflation and other matters, so it all ties together. Cats saying stuff like this as if it would end piracy is stupid and moot just as weed heads say dumb shyt like "weed is from the earth/good for you/less dangerous than other drugs and it should be legal". I'm like, stut up and stop the madness.

Olu Dara

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Supporter
Daps
While I get that, let's not act like like if the shyt was even dramatically cheaper, that it would stop people from pirating it for free. Also, the costs of everything is in part a matter of everything being priced at what it is. Food, gas, utilities, etc. all rise in costs each year due to inflation and other matters, so it all ties together. Cats saying stuff like this as if it would end piracy is stupid and moot just as weed heads say dumb shyt like "weed is from the earth/good for you/less dangerous than other drugs and it should be legal". I'm like, stut up and stop the madness.
It would, why do you think subscriptions like spotify are so successful? Even netflix. If they made an app for movies, and released movies like a month after the opening night. People would pay monthly for that, and would still go see movies on the big screen from time to time.

Even your weed comment is incorrect. There is no reason for alcohol to be legal and weed not to be. More people die because of alcohol and it is still legal.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
Actually I think it will have a noticeable impact.

Let's not be dumb and go for the "all" or "cold turkey" scenario. Of course some will still do it.

Actually, For example, I still go to movies regularly now. Nothing beats the theater experience. Tickets avg 15 to 21 dollars. I think more people would get out to theaters if tickers were 10 bucks and 7 bucks matinee. They would clean up.

Smart dumb fools who think "there is no answer" like this are the same fools who believe "ahhh, I will die anyway so fukk working out, Ima eat this big mac and soda 4 days a week...cuz ima die anyway"

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Actually I think it will have a noticeable impact.

Let's not be dumb and go for the "all" or "cold turkey" scenario. Of course some will still do it.

Actually, For example, I still go to movies regularly now. Nothing beats the theater experience. Tickets avg 15 to 21 dollars. I think more people would get out to theaters if tickers were 10 bucks and 7 bucks matinee. They would clean up.

Smart dumb fools who think "there is no answer" like this are the same fools who believe "ahhh, I will die anyway so fukk working out, Ima eat this big mac and soda 4 days a week...cuz ima die anyway"

What city do you live at duke? Actually, those lower priced tickets that you mentioned are EXACTLY what I pay out here for most theaters in Phoenix, AZ, with the IMAX being the exception or 3D movies costing more. In fact, in some cases, places and times, matinees have been as low as 5 bucks (mainly during the summer at AMC theaters). 15 bucks is what it costs for the IMAX screens though, but those ONLY. And that's usually regardless of what time of day it is. I've NEVER seen a theater at any time or any place be anywhere near north of 15 bucks though, no matter what screen, dimension, etc. that it's played it, damn sure not 21 bucks.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It would, why do you think subscriptions like spotify are so successful? Even netflix. If they made an app for movies, and released movies like a month after the opening night. People would pay monthly for that, and would still go see movies on the big screen from time to time.

Even your weed comment is incorrect. There is no reason for alcohol to be legal and weed not to be. More people die because of alcohol and it is still legal.

Yeah, I get what you saying about the weed to alcohol comparison. In actuality, both should probably be just as illegal as any other recreational drug out there.

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If there was a service that had more or less everything I wanted (tv shows/movies) for about 20quidva month I'd do it, netflix is decent for the price, but the selection is limited.

I've got a spotify account and it stopped my downloading 100%.

I'll use whatever is easiest tbh, seeing as the UK has blocked wares.bb, I'd love a great service legally, but it doesn't seem to exist, Sky is extortionate to me, plus they want to put dishes on my building, but it's listed so that's a no no.

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
What city do you live at duke? Actually, those lower priced tickets that you mentioned are EXACTLY what I pay out here for most theaters in Phoenix, AZ, with the IMAX being the exception or 3D movies costing more. In fact, in some cases, places and times, matinees have been as low as 5 bucks (mainly during the summer at AMC theaters). 15 bucks is what it costs for the IMAX screens though, but those ONLY. And that's usually regardless of what time of day it is. I've NEVER seen a theater at any time or any place be anywhere near north of 15 bucks though, no matter what screen, dimension, etc. that it's played it, damn sure not 21 bucks.
In DC and NYC where I flow, Imax is 22buck on the cheap end at many theaters. Expect to pay 12-15 for a show on the low end.

shyt if you paying that for Imax, count your ass lucky Duke.

I just came from a movie and it was a 4:50 show and it was 14 bucks each ticket to see Top Five...

yeah, enjoy that shyt.... where I am at, for 5 bucks, you can't fukking buy 5 bucks....