Monster Hunter: World | PS4/XB1/PC | Out Now

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Sometimes in trying strike a monster but he swings the weapon at no one :francis:

Any tips?

I was using the switchaxe, but I think imma try the katana next
there's no autocorrect on your swings, you push the button - you're committed to attacking that direction unless your weapon has a cancel animation

i think all beginners should try to stick to the quicker weapons to start out. you'll do less damage, but staying alive and learning how to get your timing down are more important early on. once you get that down, moving on to something more complicated or timing based to suit your playstyle makes more sense.

i'd roll with daggers, knife and shield, the glaive or something until you get your bearings. monsters are just big and annoying early in the game. after the first 4 or so, they don't forgive mistakes anymore

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
there's no autocorrect on your swings, you push the button - you're committed to attacking that direction unless your weapon has a cancel animation

i think all beginners should try to stick to the quicker weapons to start out. you'll do less damage, but staying alive and learning how to get your timing down are more important early on. once you get that down, moving on to something more complicated or timing based to suit your playstyle makes more sense.

i'd roll with daggers, knife and shield, the glaive or something until you get your bearings. monsters are just big and annoying early in the game. after the first 4 or so, they don't forgive mistakes anymore
Okay thanks breh.

Will try that.

Is katana good for beginners?

I also gotta learn all the damn buttons too

I walk away and he sheathes the weapon :damn:

But this going to the bushes once Shadow of the Colosus drops anyways:pachaha:

Then Ni No Kuni 2 :banderas:

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
First impression of this game, fukk it. I just spent like an hour and a half and did absolutely nothing. From having to install a 3.6GB patch, to the installation of the game, to the first like 30-45 minutes of the game that is supposed to be an introduction to the game but doesn't really teach you anything about the game and its mechanics. I'm new to this series and I literally want to stop playing already and I haven't even started really.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
First impression of this game, fukk it. I just spent like an hour and a half and did absolutely nothing. From having to install a 3.6GB patch, to the installation of the game, to the first like 30-45 minutes of the game that is supposed to be an introduction to the game but doesn't really teach you anything about the game and its mechanics. I'm new to this series and I literally want to stop playing already and I haven't even started really.
I told you the tutorial sucks. Spend the first hour of a game called Monster Hunter running and hiding :mjlol:

Think of it like a JRPG where they dump a ton of exposition on you before you even get to play :manny:

It's a fun game when they just give you a weapon and let you loose but it takes way too long to get there, which is a big flaw to me. One of things I love about the God of War series is they all start with a bad ass boss fight. I wish more action games actually just let you play the action part right away

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I told you the tutorial sucks. Spend the first hour of a game called Monster Hunter running and hiding :mjlol:

Think of it like a JRPG where they dump a ton of exposition on you before you even get to play :manny:

It's a fun game when they just give you a weapon and let you loose but it takes way too long to get there, which is a big flaw to me. One of things I love about the God of War series is they all start with a bad ass boss fight. I wish more action games actually just let you play the action part right away
Yeah, that's why I always liked some of the other hunting games better. God Eater drops you right into the shyt like " :yeshrug: you said you was nice"

Monster Hunter... Its easier when you know where to look for your enemies, but if you don't? :francis: Nobody in America wants to run in circles looking for tracks for 5-10 minutes. I don't even use the SOS Flare for help, I just pop it so I can get more people to look for these motherfukkers. Its bullshyt you find a Wyvern only to watch that bytch take off across the map right before you can smack it up.

I don't mind the long intros, that's japan all day. But can you imagine long ass animations just to pick up stones? That's MH before this one.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
the rathian/rathalos- double rathalos- double rathian hunts get hilariously hectic when playing with a squad:pachaha:

friendly fire galore, be seeing people running around with their hair on fire

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Yeah, that's why I always liked some of the other hunting games better. God Eater drops you right into the shyt like " :yeshrug: you said you was nice"

Monster Hunter... Its easier when you know where to look for your enemies, but if you don't? :francis: Nobody in America wants to run in circles looking for tracks for 5-10 minutes. I don't even use the SOS Flare for help, I just pop it so I can get more people to look for these motherfukkers. Its bullshyt you find a Wyvern only to watch that bytch take off across the map right before you can smack it up.

I don't mind the long intros, that's japan all day. But can you imagine long ass animations just to pick up stones? That's MH before this one.
Yeah, I heard a lot of people complaining about some of the tedium being cut out. One of the things some vets are complaining of is infinite whetstones. I'm like :what:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Yeah, I heard a lot of people complaining about some of the tedium being cut out. One of the things some vets are complaining of is infinite whetstones. I'm like :what:
You see what I mean about that community? :hhh: Not only do they like that bullshyt, but they hate on other games for moving you to the action quicker and not cluttering your inventory.

But I'm actually liking this game way more than I thought I would. Actually haven't even been able to play DBFZ because of it. Finally got the capture stuff down so I'm leaving every mission with a bag :wow:

Haven't run into anything I haven't been able to deal with, but that wall is definitely coming soon.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You see what I mean about that community? :hhh: Not only do they like that bullshyt, but they hate on other games for moving you to the action quicker and not cluttering your inventory.

But I'm actually liking this game way more than I thought I would. Actually haven't even been able to play DBFZ because of it. Finally got the capture stuff down so I'm leaving every mission with a bag :wow:

Haven't run into anything I haven't been able to deal with, but that wall is definitely coming soon.
They complain about scout flies too :mjlol:
Like I wanna go blindly chasing these monsters down on this huge ass map every time they want to run away, which is all the fukking time :rudy:
The capture mechanic is throwing a net on the monster when you have it down but not dead, right? I know it has something to do with when they're down and vulnerable. I would prefer to capture cause they are such sponges and want to run/fly away all the damn time.

The story mode is definitely better than DBFZ, which has you still finding absolute baby tutorial battles with not a lick of challenge at least 5 chapters in

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
They complain about scout flies too :mjlol:
Like I wanna go blindly chasing these monsters down on this huge ass map every time they want to run away, which is all the fukking time :rudy:
The capture mechanic is throwing a net on the monster when you have it down but not dead, right? I know it has something to do with when they're down and vulnerable. I would prefer to capture cause they are such sponges and want to run/fly away all the damn time.

The story mode is definitely better than DBFZ, which has you still finding absolute baby tutorial battles with not a lick of challenge at least 5 chapters in
I loved the DBFZ story mode. The fights early on are boring for a lot of people, but the reality is the majority of people who bought the game are fukking trash and its right at their level. Later on it gets respectably difficult - and the hard mode/new game+ with the level carry over is legit. But it should've had a way to toggle that difficulty spike from the get go. Best thing about the story mode is the character dialogue. There is absolutely no reason that should be as good as it. Its up there with TeamFourStar stuff. And even if you get down to the actual story itself, its better than a lot of Super - don't @ me

but naw, the capture net is for smaller monsters. Just throw that and eat. For large monsters, you're still gonna have to beat the fukk out of them. Once they start limping around and have a skull marker on their map icon is when you can start the capture process. I made it too difficult for myself early on, but the easiest way to do it is to simply drop a shock trap at their feet and once they're stunned, run up and spike a few tranq bombs on their head. 1 or 2 should do it. ezpz

you get waaaaaaaaaaaay more mats for it too

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
yeah this is some goty shyt.

fukk Bazelgeuse:damn:

stay fukking with me when I'm trying to kill some shyt... fukking b52 bomber :damn:

Gonna try fighting Nerg later... :whew:
Yo these fukking turf wars... :wow: I was running with a SOS crew and the monster we were beating on for 15 minutes tried to run off on us. Out of nowhere this wyvern SCOOPED him and dropped on him on his neck. They started throwing megaton blows at each other. 4 complete strangers just sat back and watched

giphy-downsized-large.gif

these moments are just :noah: