Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
So I have this thread idea that isn't really original. Initially I was going to pm an admin asking about modding people for this particular thread but I figured I should get the idea thrown out there to see if people would even agree to it. If not then we won't make it happen.

It's somewhat of a controversial thread as it needs to be heavily monitored to keep things in order. It can be called whatever but for the most part it was titled something along the lines of: posters that annoy you.

So I'll just get the most troubling part about this out the way since I've seen it. On another forum they had two thread editions of this. First was closed and locked. It was later revamped with more rules but since people thought it promoted cyber-bullying and negativity it was permanently deleted.

The overall objective, alongside fukkery, was to mitigate arguments in other threads. People would @ the user they didn't care for and either they squashed their beef or went at it. The problem with allowing users to argue is that someone always wants to get the last word in so they keep going. To keep the thread flowing, if the users argued for more than a page they were then banned from the thread. Either for a period of time or infinitely depending on the offense.

There were a lot of false claims of cyber-bullying. Trolls would get ganged up on and feel attacked so no actual cyber bullying cases came of it. The thread was locked because the forum wanted to be seen in a more positive light.

There were two moderators assigned to the thread specifically to clean it up when things got out of whack. If rules kept being broken they would lock the thread for about a week or even a month and then re-open.

Things that were NOT allowed were racism, sexism, bashing against someone's gender and/or religion. Those were automatic bans.

Please vote in the poll.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
You mean like a pull up thread? Lmao!

Maybe? Not really. lol. You can @ the poster you want to rant about but you nor they have to necessarily engage each other. It's moreso venting and since people will most likely react a certain way to being mentioned guidelines are to be put in place.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Maybe? Not really. lol. You can @ the poster you want to rant about but you nor they have to necessarily engage each other. It's moreso venting and since people will most likely react a certain way to being mentioned guidelines are to be put in place.
My only reservation is the page limit and you know that shyt is going to spill over to other threads lol

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
My only reservation is the page limit and you know that shyt is going to spill over to other threads lol

:jbhmm: Usually it never did spill into other threads but the coli is built way differently so I can't say for sure. The other forum only had 20 posts a page and here, depending what setting you're on 50 posts can be a bit much.

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm: Usually it never did spill into other threads but the coli is built way differently so I can't say for sure. The other forum only had 20 posts a page and here, depending what setting you're on 50 posts can be a bit much.
You know if somebody @ somebody that person who got @ is going to clapback which is going to trigger a never ending cycle of clapbacks. Fools up here be sensitive
:pachaha:

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
You know if somebody @ somebody that person who got @ is going to clapback which is going to trigger a never ending cycle of clapbacks. Fools up here be sensitive
:pachaha:

I see your point. I see it now, two posters get banned from the thread and then one makes another thread to continue it. If that's the case then maybe they can get bushed?

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
I see your point. I see it now, two posters get banned from the thread and then one makes another thread to continue it. If that's the case then maybe they can get bushed?
What if it's a long thread like the RT thread? Like let it be the dumping ground for beefs without limits lol.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
What if it's a long thread like the RT thread? Like let it be the dumping ground for beefs without limits lol.

That's the point. The original thread was a pinned thread and it went on for about two years before they got rid of it. A loooooooot of people were salty that it went away. It was entertaining but ultimately it's up to the admins/mods to decide if they will allow it.

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
That's the point. The original thread was a pinned thread and it went on for about two years before they got rid of it. A loooooooot of people were salty that it went away. It was entertaining but ultimately it's up to the admins/mods to decide if they will allow it.
OK gotcha. But the thing about us menfolk, egos can be sensitive so I don't think moderating pissing contests is gonna be easy. Apparently it hasn't in the past from what you telling me.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
OK gotcha. But the thing about us menfolk, egos can be sensitive so I don't think moderating pissing contests is gonna be easy. Apparently it hasn't in the past from what you telling me.

Moderating it had it's challenges but got better as people self monitored themselves to prevent thread from locking and getting banned. It's manageable albeit a pain in the ass, which was going to be my next question to the admins about assigning specific posters that are up to moderating it. Idk though, I wouldn't go through creating the thread if it can't be controlled.

Rhapscallion Démone

Supporter
Daps
Moderating it had it's challenges but got better as people self monitored themselves to prevent thread from locking and getting banned. It's manageable albeit a pain in the ass, which was going to be my next question to the admins about assigning specific posters that are up to moderating it. Idk though, I wouldn't go through creating the thread if it can't be controlled.
Ain't nothing wrong with trying. Maybe they could give it another go with the things you suggested. They could always delete it again.
:manny: