Mississippi Damned: movie on netflix about black family based on true events

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Mississippi Damned

Wanting to escape was the easy part. Taking place in 1986 and 1998 and based on a true story, three poor, Black kids in rural Mississippi reap the consequences of their family’s cycle of abuse, addiction, and violence. They independently struggle to escape their circumstances and must decide whether to confront what’s plagued their family for generations or succumb to the same crippling fate, forever damned in Mississippi. Bitterly honest and profoundly subtle, writer/director Tina Mabry successfully captures growing up in a world where possibilities and opportunities seem to die in the face of the suffocating reality of physical and sexual abuse, obsession, and a myriad of destructive compulsions.

seen this on Netflix recently
MD_Home_leavesv4.png

-good movie but a few scenes are:merchant: incest of young kids, molestation of young male

but besides that good movie

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
My play sister brought his depressing ass movie over and put it on... :sadcam: thinking about what happened to Lil Antwon Fisher & how that set off a chain of events... I can't say I want to say that it's a good movie cause to me it left me very sad.