Mike Vick Salty that Riley Cooper didn't thank him for saving his Career

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
"I stood in front of the team," Vick said. "I stood in front of the cameras and defused that whole situation."

Vick knew there would be a price to pay for assuming the role of Cooper's human shield.

"Guys were mad at me for a while," he said of fellow Eagles. "They were upset with me for a day or two, like six or seven guys who were just like, 'Really, how could you do that?' And then I'm getting phone calls from people everywhere, and my Twitter page is kind of in an uproar. But I took that stand for him, man, and I just hope at the end of the day that he appreciates that.

"I just hope he's [appreciative] of my boldness to step out in front of the world and say what I said, and he appreciates what I did and understands the magnitude of it, because nobody else was going to step up and say anything. I could've said the same thing that 25 of my teammates were saying, and there was built-up anger."

Cooper did immediately text Vick a message of thanks for his support in the meeting room and in the news media. But after he told reporters "it was easy to forgive" Cooper, Vick wondered if something changed.

The receiver ended up having a breakthrough season, finishing with 47 receptions for 835 yards and 8 touchdowns and landing a five-year, $25 million deal. In fact, Cooper had a better year than Vick, who lost his starting job to injury and then watched Nick Foles go on a tear and lead Philadelphia to the playoffs.

"A couple of things transpired since [the incident] that I dislike, and I'll be honest with you," Vick said. "After he signed his contract, I sent him a text and I never got a text back, and that made me feel a certain type of way. But I'm not the type of guy who holds grudges."

Vick said he told his former teammate he was proud of him in the text that wasn't returned. When it was suggested to him that any white player in Cooper's shoes should owe the quarterback an eternal debt of gratitude, Vick said, "I'd have you on speed dial. That's the only reason I say I hope Riley appreciates that. His life is his life and he played good football last year, and he was always like a little brother to me. But money should never change an individual, and I'm not saying it did that to Riley."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ets-michael-vick-greatest-triumph-black-white

I wonder what Mike expected :childplease:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
This look like a man that give a fukk about some nikkas. Vick :cape:for this clown while these white folks still want his black ass executed made no damn sense.

rileycooper1.jpg

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Vick was a very good teammate and positive locker room influence with the Eagles. I don't think I ever heard one bad thing from any teammate/local beat reporter about him

Cooper should have at least thanked him in private, because word is Shady and a couple other high profile dudes wanted him off ASAP

WaddupDoe!

Steez.
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang.
Coop is a fukk boy for this shyt. Vick had his back & Coop is now acting like Vick wasnt one of the dudes on the front line for him. :camby:

Last edited:

gangreen

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #byrdgang
Riley should really kiss Vick's ASS.

smh at this ungrateful cac not returning calls and texts. smh

F Vick tho for adding fuel to the fire, going public about this. Maybe kkkooper ain't see it. :troll:

But He literally did save this man's career.... Me personally as a fan I wanted him gone because of the distraction and a bunch of Eagle players did too.

Mike Vick and Jason Avant really saved him when they spoke up in support of him.

:salute: to Mike Vick for the challenging and admirable thing he did for this ungrateful cac kkkooper.

Last edited: