Metal Gear Rising is the Best Pure Action Game this Gen

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Not even done with the game yet, and I'm sold.

The fluidity, the pace, the speed, the gracefulness, the gore... all in 60fps is just... :wow:

The graphics are dope, and for all the action that goes on during some scenes it's wild that it doesn't dip in framerate.

If you enjoy a challenging game with a decent story you won't be disappointed. I heard the claims about the game being short before I picked it up, but I've put like 11 hours in and I think I have like 3 or 4 more chapters to go. And this isn't even counting all the VR Missions, the Easter Eggs that are to be found throughout the game, and the challenge of getting S rank on everything.

They've already said that there will be character based DLC so we may get to play with other dope Metal Gear Solid characters down the road in ways that you would have never imagined.

:blessed:

If you passed on this game because of Raiden... :ufdup:

This game has a great and fair difficulty curve, the gameplay is ridiculously intense seamless.

Very few single player games are fun enough for me to play through them multiple times, but here I am with this game on Hard mode already thinking about how these Cyborgs are going to fukk me up when I unlock Revengeance Mode

:noah:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wait till you plaly on very hard and theyre droppin walking on you out the Gate, that fire missles.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Wait till you plaly on very hard and theyre droppin walking on you out the Gate, that fire missles.

:whoo: :ohhh:

That's cool though... I'm coming for them nikkas

:youngsabo:

Metal_Gear_Solid_Rising_E3_2010_Trailer_(1).gif

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
I cant wait to cop this, Platinum Games are my favorite developers at the moment

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I think NG2 is better but yea this game is dope as fukk

thevarangian

complete mark
Daps
yeah it's pretty damn good. but if we're talking best on pure combat mechanics? dmc4 takes the crown there.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This sh!t hotter than Bayonetta?
I can't speak on this cause I haven't played that game. :guilty:
I think NG2 is better but yea this game is dope as fukk
I'm the biggest NG2 stan on this board and I'm pretty sure that NO one on here has played NG2 AND NG2Sigma more than me, and I'm saying that Rising surpasses it.

They even pay homage to NG in one segment of this joint.

:to:
:wow:
yeah it's pretty damn good. but if we're talking best on pure combat mechanics? dmc4 takes the crown there.
I don't know about that. DMC4 wasn't seeing NG2 as far as combat mechanics and gameplay went, so I don't agree with DMC4 being the king this gen at all.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
^^ Really, DMC 4 was wack as fu(k. They just copy & pasted Dante and gave us some new half-assed character.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's because they're the BEST developers at the moment! @GoldenGlove, I barely started MGR but I favor Bayo. Try that when you get a chance.

Y'all hatin on DMC4. DMC4 combat was deep as hell.

I'm a cop it and see what it's about.

I actually liked DMC4's gameplay, but not more than NG2 and Rising.

Last edited by a moderator: