mental health and race: the amount of leeway given to whites compared to blacks when....

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
It comes to mental illness is mind boggling.

Mental illness when it comes to white society is used as frivilously as possible. Mental illness when it comes to white society is now almost accepted except when it comes to extremes (ie behavior that presents a danger to the public).

It's now gotten to the point where we have people that legitimately enable mental illness, see nothing wrong with it, and are forcing us (the sane/the rest of the populus) to accept it (the "insane").

REalistically, there should be many red flags that come up when a middle aged white man donning a dress and a wig is allowed to live as a six your old girl and is even adopted by a family that treats that man as such. But since they are in the position as being the dominant society, whites can push off their mental illnesses as something that everyone else has to deal with and the acceptance of this mental illness is seen as progression

Mental illness, should not be a go to, or an excuse, when it comes to white male domestic terrorists and their obviously premeditated plots to hurt people and stockpile weapons. They know what they are doing.

When it comes to black people however? Mental illness is either never talked about or used as a way to silence & pacify black people. Especially black men and women who dare to speak about their experiences with racism on a daily basis. Simply because the dominant society (white people) don't experience racism the way black people do. So, they have no concern to care about it. A black man or woman who is sick of feeling alienated and discriminated against at work where they are one of the few or only black people there and vent about it on a forum should not be told to "seek professional help" but they are. As if they should accept their mistreatment, because white society does not see them the same way, and they view the world differently than us.

In other cases mental illness is allowed to fester unrecognized and only is it after someone is hurt or killed, that the issue of mental illness is brought up.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
As well, it's notable to look at the definitions of "normal" and "abnormal" in regards to each.

Once upon a time, black people were not even considered human beings. This was seen as "normal" as hard as it is to believe.

The definition or "normal" and "norms" is created by the dominant society, if you don't adhere to these norms in some way shape or form, you are seen as "abnormal".

Personally, this issue hits close to me as a black man because I've had to deal with being seen as "abnormal" to some and had to see professionals who didn't help me at all cause they were white and had no idea and could not relate to what I was going through.

Which is why @ocmfII I got mad at you in the random thoughts thread for telling me to "seek help" when I was just venting because no offense dude, you white, and you have no idea about how much of a toll racism and being black in America takes on the mind. Like, I apologize, but I just wanted to say that. Hopefully you respect this in the future.

Coli Bot

DM ME YOU WON
Daps
Reppin
BK
White people dont care about you and they never will, get over it! and worry about taking care of yourselves. You should be shaming the black community for not recognising it more in the black community, not whites. I mean what do we want from whites? what can they do for us? ''Oh white people please recognise our mental illnesses wahh wahh'' man yall nikkaz just love to moan.

I dont hear the chinese people or the asians complaining that whites dont care about their mental illnesses. We make ourselves look weak as a race when we are constantly whining... if anything it only further reinforces the whites as a dominant race.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
White people dont care about you and they never will, get over it! and worry about taking care of yourselves. You should be shaming the black community for not recognising it more in the black community, not whites. I mean what do we want from whites? what can they do for us? ''Oh white people please recognise our mental illnesses wahh wahh'' man yall nikkaz just love to moan.

I dont hear the chinese people or the asians complaining that whites dont care about their mental illnesses. We make ourselves look weak as a race when we are constantly whining... if anything it only further reinforces the whites as a dominant race.
You're not black and the bolded tells the tale very vividly to me. This not the type of thread for trolling. I refuse to acknowledge this other than such. I would respect it if you exited this thread as promptly as you entered it.

Another racist white boy trying to tell black people what to do... :camby: shut up.

Coli Bot

DM ME YOU WON
Daps
Reppin
BK
You're not black and the bolded tells the tale very vividly to me. This not the type of thread for trolling. I refuse to acknowledge this other than such. I would respect it if you exited this thread as promptly as you entered it.
Lol you too stupid to get it anyway, nikkaz dont like the truth so yeah im out... peace.

Coli Bot

DM ME YOU WON
Daps
Reppin
BK
:mjlol: I'm black.. the true black... that gets mad at black people for not loving each other and looking after each other. When i see a whiny thread about white people it makes me mad and then when i express it I get called white lol so i dont give a fukk what what race you think I am, it doesn't bother me because i already know your not on my level or willing to have a coherent argument so ill just bounce and go to JBO and look at some hoes or sumthin peace breh.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Im tired of you blacks and your victim mentality. Its not the white mans fault, he doesnt control your destiny. Make better decisions. The key to a better life starts with ourselves not what ''the white man'' determines, muhfukkas need to take some responsibility for themselves sheesh

Yeah...if you're black I'm the Queen of England. :mjlol:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I-Give-Up11.jpg

I'm done for the day.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
breh, i got no beef w you so there is no need to apologize. and my sentiments about the fragility of your mental state have nothing to do w race. keep in mind i've been posting on the same boards w you since the t organization days, so i've been witnessing this for what? 8 years now? when i said seek help, i meant it in an encouraging way. this behavioral cycle you go through, the pleasantries, then the outburts, then the apologies all over again- none of this will ever get resolved by spilling your guts to a message board littered w trolls. seek help isn't an insult, it's a legitimate suggestion to help you break this cycle. speak w somebody, IRL, offline, who actually understands what you're going through and why this happens in perpetuity. best of luck to you.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
breh, i got no beef w you so there is no need to apologize. and my sentiments about the fragility of your mental state have nothing to do w race. keep in mind i've been posting on the same boards w you since the t organization days, so i've been witnessing this for what? 8 years now? when i said seek help, i meant it in an encouraging way. this behavioral cycle you go through, the pleasantries, then the outburts, then the apologies all over again- none of this will ever get resolved by spilling your guts to a message board littered w trolls. seek help isn't an insult, it's a legitimate suggestion to help you break this cycle. speak w somebody, IRL, offline, who actually understands what you're going through and why this happens in perpetuity. best of luck to you.
Dawg.

You know why I don't seek help? Cause I got it under control. Which means I've dealt with the ups and downs. I have a support system of friends and family members that I can talk to and that help to lift me up. How dare you even assume that you know what goes on with my life outside of this message board? That's offensive man, you wouldn't like it if I assumed a bunch of stuff that was not even remotely resembling the reality you lived in. So what makes you think I'm going to take this without question? As well, I also take medication for my depression and anxiety. Like seriously, you do not know how insulting and belittling that is and that's one of the reasons I made this thread. If you knew ANYTHING about mental illness, you should know the last thing anybody going through it wants to hear or be seen as or stigmatized is as some person who can't function properly when even given my depression and anxiety I have managed to run my own business and be gainfully employed.

I post on this forum cause it is therapeutic to talk to other black people who go through it or have dealt with mental illness in their lives cause we're living in a different world than you.

People automatically think a joke I make (cause I delve in dark raunchy humor from time to time) is a cause for me to "seek help". Dude this is why I got mad at you in that thread. Cause honestly, as much as you would like to think you know me. You don't. You haven't walked a mile in my shoes. You don't know what I went through to get to this point. You don't even know what I look like. I don't even know what you look like. This is why I took offense to what you said cause it is belittling.

And now I'm going to respectfully ask you to play your position and refrain from speaking on me and things you do not know. It's obscenely offensive, and you really coming off as some entitled douche that thinks they can speak on black people's affairs. Most notably; MINE!

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Infact, dude don't even talk to me anymore. You're on ignore. Seems you can't talk to me without being condescending. You could never look me in the eye and say you're better than me.