Marvel Studios To Skip Comic-Con. Warner Bros. To Have Significant DC Comics Presentation

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Marvel Studios To Skip Comic-Con, Warner Bros. To Have Significant DC Comics Presentation

Confirming long-standing rumors, Marvel Studios will skip Comic Con International: San Diego this year, opting not to present Captain America: Civil War and its other 2015/2016 films in Hall H,Deadline reports.

Warner Bros., on the other hand, will take advantage of their crosstown rivals' absence by amping up their DC Comics presence.

James Gunn had previously said that he didn't expect an appearance at San Diego Comic Con, when fans asked whether he would be there to promote Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

At that time, many fans expected that Marvel might forego the "world's largest pop culture convention" to help promote D23, Disney's own convention.The last D23 featured a significant Marvel presence, including very early looks at both the Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot and a Guardians of the Galaxy sizzle reel.

This year's D23 Expo takes place in August, almost exactly a month after Comic Con. Between Comic Con weekend and the start of D23, Marvel's Ant-Man will hit theaters on July 17.

Even with a fairly significant presentation at Comic Con last year, Marvel Studios did not put a great deal of focus on Guardians of the Galaxy, which came out in August of last year. Rumors of early screenings and the like were all denied by Marvel, which turned out to be true.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Believe it or not, from what I was told Marvel isn't at SDCC because Star Wars muscled them out of it

and today we will get even more details on the Star Wars takeover of SDCC for all day Friday.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Going to be one of the most boring CCs in years :snooze:

when they finally feed us some stuff from civil war tho :banderas:

DC is like if only they would just do this every time so we can actually eat out here :why:

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Do you know why?

For starters, it has absolutely nothing to do with D23. If it was all about D23 then Star Wars: The Force Awakens (which just announced it's making a Hall H appearance) wouldn't bother with Hall H either. Think about it.

The truth?

According to multiple sourcing here in Los Angeles and through my connections at San Diego Comic Con (FYI, I'm an event planner who throws a hot party every year at SDCC), the real reason is that Marvel felt it couldn't compete with the upcoming DC panel from Warner Brothers.

Marvel found out internally that Warners is going supernova with their DC presentation which will include Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Justice League, and Wonder Woman. Quite a formidable lineup and a really tough act to follow for any other studio.

Last year's Warner panel was a pricey seven figure activation inside Hall H which utilized massive widescreen monitors and state of the art sound which delivered maximum impact. I was there. It rocked. Expect DC to go even bigger this year.

Sources also tell me that since Captain America: Civil War is currently under production, Marvel won't have footage ready till August anyway. Also the actor that is supposed to play Spider-Man doesn't have to report to the Civil War set till July, after Comic Con.

Now I know what you're saying, Marvel in previous years has shot footage from their movies early on and presented it at Hall H shortly thereafter. The first Captain America: The First Avenger& Guardians of The Galaxy come to mind.

But again, they're competing with the DC panel and that lineup. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Suicide Squad, The Joker, etc., You get my drift.

So if you can't step up to the plate and compete, then get back in the dugout. That is exactly what Marvel decided to do. Go back in the dugout and regroup. I wouldn't sleep on Marvel though because when they do step up to the plate they come out swinging as I personally witnessed at the Marvel presentation at El Capitan back in October.

But for now, DC wins this round and has the unique opportunity to become the con's uncontested heavyweight champ this year. If Sun Tzu was alive he would proud because "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

Well played DC. Well played.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...os-bailed-from-this-years-comic-con-exclusive

:dead:

Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Do you know why?

For starters, it has absolutely nothing to do with D23. If it was all about D23 then Star Wars: The Force Awakens (which just announced it's making a Hall H appearance) wouldn't bother with Hall H either. Think about it.

The truth?

According to multiple sourcing here in Los Angeles and through my connections at San Diego Comic Con (FYI, I'm an event planner who throws a hot party every year at SDCC), the real reason is that Marvel felt it couldn't compete with the upcoming DC panel from Warner Brothers.

Marvel found out internally that Warners is going supernova with their DC presentation which will include Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Justice League, and Wonder Woman. Quite a formidable lineup and a really tough act to follow for any other studio.

Last year's Warner panel was a pricey seven figure activation inside Hall H which utilized massive widescreen monitors and state of the art sound which delivered maximum impact. I was there. It rocked. Expect DC to go even bigger this year.

Sources also tell me that since Captain America: Civil War is currently under production, Marvel won't have footage ready till August anyway. Also the actor that is supposed to play Spider-Man doesn't have to report to the Civil War set till July, after Comic Con.

Now I know what you're saying, Marvel in previous years has shot footage from their movies early on and presented it at Hall H shortly thereafter. The first Captain America: The First Avenger& Guardians of The Galaxy come to mind.

But again, they're competing with the DC panel and that lineup. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, the Suicide Squad, The Joker, etc., You get my drift.

So if you can't step up to the plate and compete, then get back in the dugout. That is exactly what Marvel decided to do. Go back in the dugout and regroup. I wouldn't sleep on Marvel though because when they do step up to the plate they come out swinging as I personally witnessed at the Marvel presentation at El Capitan back in October.

But for now, DC wins this round and has the unique opportunity to become the con's uncontested heavyweight champ this year. If Sun Tzu was alive he would proud because "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."

Well played DC. Well played.

http://heroichollywood.com/home-1/2...os-bailed-from-this-years-comic-con-exclusive

:dead:
Isn't this by the same guy that just said Jason Statham was going to play bullseye the day before he dissed Marvel movies :heh: