A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

Slamonline

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looking forward to a great offseason. Inshallah, Bowman recovers and comes back like the DPOY he was this season.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Baalke gotta work that magic to keep Quan for at least a couple of seasons.

First draft priority is CB. Who is gonna be there for us late in the 1st brehs? Do we have to trade up for a starting caliber pick?

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A man can be destroyed but he can't be defeated.. :ohhh:

*whispers to self* a man can be destroyed but he can't be defeated... :ohhh:

Wow that is powerful.I think i'll post it to my twitter followers.They read that it will be a instant pick me up to their day :wow:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
most interesting development would be how we are revamping that secondary and what DBs we keep.
hopefully roman gets a HC job, because then we will be able to see whether or not he was the difference or a scapegoat
hopefully no big contract for kaep

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Id think being destroyed is worse than being defeated :mjpls:
Me too, was gonna flip it but I'll let it stay true to the original.

To pick up on banter from the other thread, I thought about it and I think I'd like to see us keep Aldon more than Crabs. First, this is the same Crabtree that held out and wanted #1 receiver money when that's not where he was drafted, dude will want too much for his actual value IMO. secondly, our division is based on defenses, and these defenses, as well as Carolina's have shown that they can stop these cute ass finesse offenses. Third, our offense has a long way to go before it's "high powered" and there are some questions on the o-line and run game...as well as with WR depth. I'd rather shore up an elite defense and patch the offense than end up with questionable gaps on both sides. I love the receiver Crabs has become, but he's not a deal breaker to me

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
To pick up on banter from the other thread, I thought about it and I think I'd like to see us keep Aldon more than Crabs. First, this is the same Crabtree that held out and wanted #1 receiver money when that's not where he was drafted, dude will want too much for his actual value IMO. secondly, our division is based on defenses, and these defenses, as well as Carolina's have shown that they can stop these cute ass finesse offenses. Third, our offense has a long way to go before it's "high powered" and there are some questions on the o-line and run game...as well as with WR depth. I'd rather shore up an elite defense and patch the offense than end up with questionable gaps on both sides. I love the receiver Crabs has become, but he's not a deal breaker to me

I think if it came down to The two, we'd end up keeping Crabs over Aldon based on how the offense looked with/without Crabs.
I don't think it'll come to that, but if it does, helping out the quarterback week always win out.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Torn MCL/ACL for Bow

By Josh Alper
January 20, 2014, 5:52 PM EST
The 49ers feared that linebacker NaVorro Bowman injured both his ACL and MCL against the Seahawks on Sunday and those fears have been realized.
PFT has learned, via a league source, that Bowman tore both ligaments when wide receiver Jermaine Kearse fell on his leg while Bowman was stopping Kearse short of the end zone. The ball came loose and fell into Bowman’s arms, but the Seahawks retained possession because the officials made the wrong call on the field and the vagaries of the NFL rule book are such that some obvious officiating blunders can’t be reviewed by rule.
Bowman suffered no dislocation and will have surgery to repair the ACL after giving the MCL some time to heal. It’s the same course of action as the one Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski followed after his knee injury during the season and Gronkowski had the operation a little more than a month after getting hurt.
That timeline and the expected one for recovery would certainly put Bowman at risk of missing some or all of training camp while he works his knee back into shape. An absence that extends into the regular season would be a major blow for San Francisco since Bowman played as well as just about any defensive star in the league this season.
[\quote]