Let's address the elephant in the room; Dolph Ziggler AIN'T over

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
:to:

As one of the original Ziggler stans it pains me to even say this. But this pairing with Vickie has really hurt him. This just proves my theory that she only gets so called "X-Pac" heat that is non-transferable and can't help anyone get over. Changing his hair didn't work, changing his theme song didn't work, selling like Hennig didn't work, long mid card title reigns didn't work, doing his best Billy Gunn impression didn't work and now the MITB briefcase isn't working.

He gets people into his matches but his mic skills are somewhat average like he's holding back. He hasn't been in any good feuds. He was saddled with Swagger for awhile and he doesn't do anything heelish to set him apart. Why should people boo him? :ld:

I don't want him to have a Swagger reign. :sadcam:

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
of Course He not getting Cena/Orton/Punk/ :bryan: pops but

:childplease: He's as over as Sheamus/Del Rio/Big Show

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
He's as over as Sheamus/Del Rio/Big Show

But not as over as one man

:takedat:
:youngsabo:
:win:
:boss:
:smugdraper:
tumblr_m2biavsZos1rt8zhgo1_500.jpg
:wow:
:lawd:

ML29

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
he's been losing almost non-stop for years, without ever breaking thru, so most fans have been conditioned not to care about him. His character is generic, and He'll only get reactions from smarky crowds due to his strong but at times overrated workrate.

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Lack of drug usage is killing the overall promo game.

Directly on subject, I agree that there isnt much of a reason to boo him. All these wrestlers are show offs relatively speaking and his stuff in the ring is impressive; without classic promos a good heel he is not. he woulda been better off going face and feuding with punk for the belt than with sheamus whom isnt really all that over outside of being a product of booking strength. Jericho ziggs was a waste, they shoulda started the turn and feud with punk then and keep jericho heel and have him feud sheamus on the way out to build up that belt cred

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
of Course He not getting Cena/Orton/Punk/ :bryan: pops but

:childplease: He's as over as Del Rio

Fixed.

And Sheamus is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more over than Ziggler. It's amazing how you all will downplay one person's heat then turn around overstate someone else's crowd reaction.

You guys are no better than the production guys who provide the piped in heat.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
he's never ever been over. He can have a couple of smarks chanting his name a few times during his match, but he is not over. He's never cut any memorable promo. He doesn't have any memorable moment. He has decent to good matches, but he doesn't stand out. If he was over, he would have cashed in the briefcase along time ago.

lol @ somebody saying he's as over as Big Show/Shaemus. No. I hate those 2 b*stards, but you crazy if you think Ziggler is even getting half their reaction. He's as over as Kofi. And Kofi doesn't even get the same amount of attention as Zig.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Fixed.

And Sheamus is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more over than Ziggler. It's amazing how you all will downplay one person's heat then turn around overstate someone else's crowd reaction.

You guys are no better than the production guys who provide the piped in heat.

Sheamus isnt faaaaaaaaaaaar more over than anyone

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
:to:

As one of the original Ziggler stans it pains me to even say this. But this pairing with Vickie has really hurt him. This just proves my theory that she only gets so called "X-Pac" heat that is non-transferable and can't help anyone get over. Changing his hair didn't work, changing his theme song didn't work, selling like Hennig didn't work, long mid card title reigns didn't work, doing his best Billy Gunn impression didn't work and now the MITB briefcase isn't working.

He gets people into his matches but his mic skills are somewhat average like he's holding back. He hasn't been in any good feuds. He was saddled with Swagger for awhile and he doesn't do anything heelish to set him apart. Why should people boo him? :ld:

I don't want him to have a Swagger reign. :sadcam:

This. The major problem.

He has a mouth-piece who isn't exactly great on the mic in Vickie and when he does get a chance to speak, it's just a bunch of forced rambling. He doesn't seem to have a concept of cadence and presence when speaking during promos. There are glimpses of light but those blinds just aren't exactly open yet.

It sucks because dude's talented but he needs a serious re-vamping before he even thinks about cashing in.

Either be a face, spice up that move-set, get better at promos, and throw Vickie in the bushes or actually BE a heel, have Vickie hire Barrett as your hitman, start sneaking fools after matches, and (once again) get better at promos. Dude needs some heat. He's vanilla lightning right now.

In a way, he's almost Bizarro Orton in the way that he strikes me as a face playing heel while Orton strikes me as a heel playing face.

Singh

All Star
Daps
He needs to dump Thickie Vickie. Put her with a motherfukker who has no substance and she can get em over.

She does her shyt nice (she gets h e a t), but Ziggy don't need a mouthpiece. She basically takes up valuable promo time that Zig can be utilizing. Vickie comes out and does her bit, then it seems like Zig only got like a quick moment to let off something so he just blurts out that show-off shyt and hits the ring.

Let him rock the mic on his own. He can slow down his shyt and not sound like a crackhead motormouth on meth.

I think once that shyt is straightened out, everything else will fall into place.

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
Ziggler needs to watch Owen Hart promos and learn to put some bass behind his words, to sound more authoritative...Not whiny.

It also wouldn't hurt for him to actually act like a heel but the problem is who could he fukk up on a continual basis to make people finally care? I think it can only be DB, but with his Kane run going on, that's not something that can happen in the next month.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Sheamus isnt faaaaaaaaaaaar more over than anyone

:umad:

Sheamus out pops anyone not named John Cena or Randy Orton. Since they seem to be pushing this wacky tag team with Bryan MAYBE him too.

Everyone else? Totally laughable. Seems like when smark favorites aren't getting heat they want to drag a hated wrestler down with them. Cesaro, Ziggler and Barrett, all heatless to varying degrees.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
But not as over as one man

:takedat:
:youngsabo:
:win:
:boss:
:smugdraper:
tumblr_m2biavsZos1rt8zhgo1_500.jpg
:wow:
:lawd:

Randy Orton is part of the fukking problem. Ziggler has jobbed to him like 150 times. That's why I :pachaha: when people say he's been doing what's right for the business and putting people over.

WePifffyMane

Top Notch
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ziggler is mid-card for life.he'll be back to the ic hunt once his whc run is over.but who knows...

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll say it before and I'll say it again: Vickie's heat is not gonna get anybody over. All she has is the residual Heat from EdgeGOAT made into X-Pac heat with her voice, but she doesn't know how to get that heat onto anyone that she's managing. That's why Edge was the only one who could make their heel pairing work. She flops with anyone else.