Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Leonardo DiCaprio Is Making a 'Captain Planet' Movie
face_oh31sj.jpg

BY CHRISTOPHER SPATA
Follow me on Twitter and your wildest dreams will come true.
leonardo-dicaprio-smokes-vape

OCT 17, 2016
http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2016/10/leonardo-dicaprio-captain-planet-movie

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Leo has been linked to tons of movies that never come to fruition. I'm sure this is one of them. The show had a limited demographic and that demo is too old to be interested in supporting a Captain Planet film imo. Studios will never get behind it unless they plan to spend 2 years reintroducing the series and seeing how this new generation responds before they think about making this. Highly unlikely.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Leo has been linked to tons of movies that never come to fruition. I'm sure this is one of them. The show had a limited demographic and that demo is too old to be interested in supporting a Captain Planet film imo. Studios will never get behind it unless they plan to spend 2 years reintroducing the series and seeing how this new generation responds before they think about making this. Highly unlikely.

Limited demographic???? It's about the environment. You aren't introducing a totally new concept to people. This is like peddling Smokey the Bear for Forest Fires or the DARE Lion for drugs. Attaching a cartoon/mascot to a cause is not limited and again smokey and the DAre lion have gone thru about 2 generations of children now.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Limited demographic???? It's about the environment. You aren't introducing a totally new concept to people. This is like peddling Smokey the Bear for Forest Fires or the DARE Lion for drugs. Attaching a cartoon/mascot to a cause is not limited and again smokey and the DAre lion have gone thru about 2 generations of children now.
People dont even remember that was the main theme of Capn Planet really though bruh. Captain Planet is only known by 28+yr old people and we not going to watch no Captain Planet movie in 2016, '17 or '18. "Saving the Environment" aint gonna sell tickets. Even less people will care about a movie about saving the environment than they would about a early 90s cartoon based on a superhero who was saving the environment. Don't ask me how. :wow: