Kingsnbucs1987 Digital Sculpting Thread

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
Been thinking about doin' this for a while, finally decided to say fukk it and do it. I'm gonna keep an archive of my progress of sculpting. Every couple of weeks I'm gonna try to update it with progress shots of characters and other objects that I'm working on. If anybody wanna give some critiques or suggestions, feel free to let loose.

If any there are any other artist that are looking for stuff on 3D modeling or sculpting, hit me up and I'll try to post some sites that I use to get stuff from.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
1st entry of something I'm working on:

23v01sz.jpg

6r50rq.jpg

23wveu.jpg

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
How long it take to get the black and white draft done breh, looks good
Whole body plus outfit took prolly 3 weeks on and off. The face and head took prolly 2 weeks cuz I'm shytty with anatomy and had to go back and fix a lot of stuff. Once I got the anatomy down, everything else sped up quick as hell.

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
You might actually love VR. The HTC Vive has a 3d sculpting program where you can actually sculpt in real 3D :wow:
What :ohhh:

I heard about the Vive, but I didn't know they sculpting programs for it. I'ma have to check that out.

EDIT: Yo!!! That shyt looks crazy as fukk. Found a short video of it in action, shyt got me like :mindblown:

It'd prolly take a minute to get used to using their controllers for it, but man having your character or object face to face and to scale in front of you would be :wow:

Last edited:

KingsnBucs1987

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indianapolis
what software you using?
ZBrush 4R7. I think they're gonna either drop 4R8 later this year or move onto ZBrush 5

Pixologic :: Store

shyt cost 800 I think, but you can get a student version for like half and they got a free version called Sculptris. Its a lite version of ZBrush, but it'll let you test the waters before taking the leap.

Pixologic :: Sculptris: Enter a world of digital art without barriers.

It takes a lil bit of time to get used to, but once you learn the controls and shortcuts, your creativity gets to shine.

If you looking for tutorials or videos to learn the interface and controls, lemme know and I'll point you towards some good websites to use.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you'd prolly wanna get a bamboo or intuos drawing tablet like this from a company called wacom

Bamboo
cth460k_3-660x371.jpg

or Intuos (this is the one I have at the crib)
Wacom-Intuos-Pro-Medium.jpg

The Cadillac of the drawing tablets and the one's a lot of industry people use is the Cintiq also made by wacom

I think this is the 27HD with touch, shyt runs about 3 Gs
dtk2700-12-g.jpg

They got a 22HD one that runs for about 15-1800, that's the one I'm saving up for.

You can get a Bamboo or a Intuos tablet for prolly 65-70 on the low end for a small one up to about 4-500 for a large tablet. The tablet really doesn't matter, but those are some of the options that are out there.

There are some knock off brands to the Cintiq that I hear are decent and are alright and will cost you a third of what you'd pay for a Cintiq, I think the company is called Yiynova or something like that.

I had one but couldn't get it to work, so I had to take the L on that one.

I'd recommend at least a medium sized Intuos tablet. You can get those for about 250-300 and it has enough real estate and feels like you're drawing in a decent sized notebook.

Last edited:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Been thinking about doin' this for a while, finally decided to say fukk it and do it. I'm gonna keep an archive of my progress of sculpting. Every couple of weeks I'm gonna try to update it with progress shots of characters and other objects that I'm working on. If anybody wanna give some critiques or suggestions, feel free to let loose.

If any there are any other artist that are looking for stuff on 3D modeling or sculpting, hit me up and I'll try to post some sites that I use to get stuff from.
What programs you use, i want to do something like this