kanye west been the best artist in all of hip hop since 04'

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
i been revisitin' kanye's music the last couple of days since i saw this studio footage of him playin' d dot a beat :wow:

it'd been a minute since i'd really listen to kanye outside of singles and the last album i'd heard by him was the 808's and heartbreaks album. but after goin' back and listenin' to all of his solo albums (mixtape too) and finally just takin' the time out listen to both my beautiful dark twisted fantasy and yezzus for the first time, i have to say kanye has been the best artist in hip hop since 2004.

sure there are better lyricists and but kanye's music is the complete package. his songs, albums, production and music videos outdo anyone who's been active since he dropped the college dropout album. yeah, i know kanye has a team of writers and producers he works with but at the end of day he's still says what goes and what doesn't and he still works; both writin' and producin' on all of his albums.

thing is with ye's albums is i almost can't even rank them because their just so great. each of them are a natural progression in evolvin'. i guess if i had to rank them it'd go 1. late registration 2. the college dropout 3. 808's and heartbreaks 4. my beautiful dark twisted fantasy 5. yeezus 6. graduation

i remember hearin' from a couple of friends of mine that they didn't like the yeezus album but i thought that shyt was great. it was a bold move. that brother came out spittin' some fierce shyt and the production was raw for the most part, like a punk album; on some straight up stripped down shyt. yeezus is on some "in the moment" type shyt. i love the sound of that album.

after revisitin' his catalog i gotta say kanye has made my list of top 10 favorite artists of all time. he's taken rza's place for the simple fact kanye has dropped albums i like a lot more than rza's solo albums. rza is still right behind dr. dre as far as bein' one of the greatest hip hop producers of all time though

ye is one talented brother :wow:

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
z0GabHa.gif

Stealth

They know the face and they know the name
Daps
Reppin
the streets
thats your personal opinion op, the majority would disagree with you :ehh:

:dead: at ranking garbage ass yeezus over a album that had

and

:laff:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
:dead: at ranking garbage ass yeezus over a album that had

and

:laff:

i love the graduaton album for what it is and i love the yeezus album for what it is too but it's that harder edge of the sound on yeezus that makes yeezus the winner between those 2. ye was also spittin' some really grat off the wall shyt on yeezus. he was soundin' real hungry on there. but both are really good albums and i like both for what they are but if i had to pick between the 2 i'd pick yeezus. it sounded like an experimental that did what it was suppose to do imo; which is work.