just saw the edge of seventeen

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
top 3 movie this year :wow:

saw it with the fam on thanksgiving since dr strange was sold out. had no idea wtf this movie was about but my lil cousin wanted to see it. movie had everything brehs, and it was rated R

woody Harrelson killed it in his role.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
it was incredible breh

rated R breh

shyt was different from all the god damn comic book movies, remakes, or unnecessary sequels thats in the movies these days
The Pedro haircut had me dying from the trailer...
the-edge-of-seventeen.png

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was pretty good. Better than most "coming of age" movies out now or even from the past. It's more frank and unflinching in how it depicts life as a teenager. I was a bit shocked at how realistic a lot of it was. That being said, there's something about this movie that felt too on the nose. I mean a lot of it's very realistic, but the wrap up isn't. Not sure how I feel about the 'come to Jesus' moment for the lead character. I think a lot of the rave reviews have been from men who are relieved about how the guys in this films are depicted. It's understandable because they are often portrayed as one-dimensional a$$holes, and they're definitely more fleshed out and sympathetic here. But in an effort not to make any of the men in the film a "bad guy", they kinda made her one. I think her character could have been more nuanced.

But it had some really great moments, and I really enjoyed Woody Harrelson here.

I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Good film, almost made my top 10 of 2016.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good flick. Def showed how flawed and fukked up most suburban cac families are. Was shocked they were so raw with it. The only unrealistic thing to me was the love story with the asian kid but since a chinese company invested in this flick i understood why

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Just wanted to pick up this whole family and drop their asses in Brownsville some where

Give you something to fukkin cry about

Edit

And nobody thinks these movies with the "old soul" having teen has run its course now?

Last edited:

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just wanted to pick up this whole family and drop their asses in Brownsville some where

Give you something to fukkin cry about

Edit

And nobody thinks these movies with the "old soul" having teen has run its course now?
She wasn't really an old soul. She was just weird

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
She wasn't really an old soul. She was just weird
I dont know
Wasnt nothing really off about her to me.
Just another teen going thru some burb tern shyt i see in all these movies like this