Just got into grad school....Need some advice coli brehs

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
Just got my acceptance. Got into my preferred school after months of interviews and app process.

Im looking at 80-100K in student loans in the end... not sure if Id be making the right choice

Got about 30k saved just from the last 5 years of work..I could just keep working and put off an advanced degree... But the degree Im going for leads to a career of 90-110K salary for first year grads.

Any advice for a breh, should I go for it. :lupe:

Another 4 years of homework & exams :sadcam:

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Do you have a Bachelors? If so, obtaining the Masters should be a 2 year journey.

In regards to whether you should actually pursue it: a) Don't start if you are not motivated to finish b) Think about your current career path and decide whether a masters will actually help c) Most jobs offer partial tuition reimbursement d) Would a graduate certificate be more beneficial? e) Decide if you are going for money or to build yourself up

:mjx:

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Do you have a Bachelors? If so, obtaining the Masters should be a 2 year journey.

In regards to whether you should actually pursue it: a) Don't start if you are not motivated to finish b) Think about your current career path and decide whether a masters will actually help c) Most jobs offer partial tuition reimbursement d) Would a graduate certificate be more beneficial? e) Decide if you are going for money or to build yourself up

:mjx:
Got a batchelors but its a doctorate program (pharmD).
Ill be honest...doing it for the money primarily & to have a professional (somewhat stable) career :yeshrug:

btw. a pharm intern right now, trying to be a pharmacist

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Do it. You'll only earn more over time if you're good at your job, and once the loans are paid off, you'll be stacking. You'll just be struggling for a little while until they're paid off

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Ill be honest...doing it for the money primarily & to have a professional (somewhat stable) career :yeshrug:

good that means you gonna have the salary to compensate for the debt...otherwise, I will tell you not to do it...its a waste of time depending on the field...just get certs :yeshrug:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Definitely do it breh, I read somewhere that there's going to be a glut of Pharm grads soon, and you'll have graduated a bit before that. You've got this :salute:

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Definitely do it breh, I read somewhere that there's going to be a glut of Pharm grads soon, and you'll have graduated a bit before that. You've got this :salute:
Read about that too. Been thinking about saturation and that is one risk for me breh. Just one more thing I gotta consider. :morepeople:

@rouge_riezo, the age question. 30 my g:flabbynsick:

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps

Nice. I know someone personally that got her PharmD from Hampton University.

The money will follow the credential. You obviously know about the hours standing and the demands that come with being a pharmacist. Possibly no lunch breaks, can't leave the pharmacy area, etc.

You also should think about the likelihood of whether you would end up working in a hospital or a Walgreen/CVS in your area.

There is a PharmD forum that you should visit. Do ya Googles on it.

Honestly, if I knew about this field years ago, I would have gone that route. I know nothing about chemistry though. :lbafro:

Desirous

Action expresses priorities
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Don't they usually have pretty good scholarship programs for grad schools?

If it will result in a lot more money, then do it.

I never did a Masters program (just a post grad) vs my friend who did. My salary has doubled over the last five years...so she started making off more than me, but I caught up...now we make about the same...but she has student loans to pay off still.

Make sure it's worth it in the end.