JRPG fans and Persona fans

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
logo.png

I highly recommend Shin Megami Tensei 4 for the 3DS

For those that don't know, Persona is one of the spin-off titles from the mainline Shin Megami Tensei.

Be forewarned, Shin Megami Tensei is a lot harder than the Persona series. I'm only a few hours in, but I died repeatedly in what is basically the tutorial before I finally gather a team which made things easier. :laugh:

Still kinda wished it was on consoles because Shin Megami Tensei 3 was :lawd:
[ame=http://youtu.be/lhPrxiKUfUo]Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (PS2 Intro) - YouTube[/ame]
Hopefully it'll appear on PSN or a HD remake because it was easily on of the top 5 PS2 RPGs

Back to Shin Megami Tensei 4, the Limited Edition set is nice
252684-S1.jpg

Here is the demo from E3 with explanations

Here is the for 60 minutes
[ame=http://youtu.be/cs7SV4K5bEc]Shin Megami Tensei IV - 60 Minute Playthrough [3DS] - YouTube[/ame]

One thing that separates SMT from other JRPGs is that is has little to no typical JRPG kiddy fluff

Reviews
Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS - GameRankings

Shin Megami Tensei IV for 3DS Reviews - Metacritic

on both the game is sitting at 86% from critics and a 9.1 (out of 10) from users
Personally I think it should be where Fire Emblem Awakening is (92%) if not a little higher but :manny:

This is probably the most detailed review
http://www.destructoid.com/review-shin-megami-tensei-iv-257718.phtml

Last edited by a moderator:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Will pick this up when I someday get a 3DS... it'll prob be sold out by then :shaq2:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will pick this up when I someday get a 3DS... it'll prob be sold out by then :shaq2:
As far as I know they are only selling the LE set (which is why the price is so high). I had preordered mine and I'm glad I did because I haven't seen it displayed anywhere yet.

If have Fire Emblem Awakening and if you get this you can register both of them on Club Nintendo and get $30 eshop credit.

Objection

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
I was getting murdered until I was finally able to get my demons up to a decent level. Now I'm giving them that work:smugdraper:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
I'm still waiting on a black 3DS to be released in NA....:shaq2: Its like Nintendo doesn't want money these days :wtf:

I heard this and that new Fire Emblem are official though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got one to join me by refusing everything and another one by giving him the beats. :yeshrug:

:ufdup:

The 3D effect really pops out
i been trying to get a fairy for healing and she just takes all my shyt and leaves or attacks me. i just saved and reload. needless to say i played for over an hour and i still don't have one.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i been trying to get a fairy for healing and she just takes all my shyt and leaves or attacks me. i just saved and reload. needless to say i played for over an hour and i still don't have one.
Yeah it took me a while but I got her without giving her any macca or anything else. You can also cheat a demon once.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atlus has been using the same Sprites for SMT for 20 years now. You nikkas gotta stop giving them ******s money,bruh.

but ima get that smt4 doe :mjpls:

I think some of them are from Strange Journey but it has a bunch of new ones since a different artist was used. Plus Atlus works on a small budget (also they having financial problems at the moment) so it's fine if they cut a few corners because they continuously drop piff RPGs :yeshrug: