ivy league vs hbcu

jackson35

Banned
Daps
if you had the chance to go to college, would you go to an ivy league college or a black college?

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Howard University, Morehouse College and Spelman College are elite black institutions. The other hbcus not so much.

There'd be alot of deliberation if I had to decide between those and an ivy. An ivy pretty much writes your ticket to a high paying job. At Howard or Morehouse, you have access to the same jobs (investment banking for example) but, you have to work harder to get them.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Great question if you think about it

On the one hand the Ivy League has the "implied" better education by name (Yale and Harvard ring higher in name than Howard or Spellman to most employers)

on the other hand an HBCU (more than likely) provides opportunities to connect and network easier for the average Black student and may pay off more when it comes to actually living and working in the real world

fukk it :yeshrug:

resize

tumblr_n0i5djlzgU1sd9c4do1_1280.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

vs

Ivy-League-Tour-3.jpg

ranked-the-ivy-league-schools-from-hot-to-not.jpg

princeton-university-cheerleaders.jpg

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Howard University, Morehouse College and Spelman College are elite black institutions. The other hbcus not so much.

There'd be alot of deliberation if I had to decide between those and an ivy. An ivy pretty much writes your ticket to a high paying job. At Howard or Morehouse, you have access to the same jobs (investment banking for example) but, you have to work harder to get them.

A lot Ivy League kids nowadays are dropping out and joining start ups being that going to an Ivy you are not really "learning" much its more so just networking and having access to top tier research.

IMO HBCU to Ivy for grad school is best route, thats my opinion though. And I will say Howard, Spelhouse, NC A&T, and FAMU are probably the only HBCUs I would send my kids assuming they are cut out for college.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot Ivy League kids nowadays are dropping out and joining start ups being that going to an Ivy you are not really "learning" much its more so just networking and having access to top tier research.

IMO HBCU to Ivy for grad school is best route, thats my opinion though. And I will say Howard, Spelhouse, NC A&T, and FAMU are probably the only HBCUs I would send my kids assuming they are cut out for college.

Throw Hampton in there too

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Throw Hampton in there too

yea them too, their Business School is legit.

IMO it would be best if we consolidated the HBCUs we do have to about 5 universities, thus all of the resources could be used to competing but people are too caught up in not losing the individual history of each school, not realizing when you go to HBCUs nowadays majority of the Staff for the degrees worth a damn are not even being taught by blacks.