I've never seen a white male wearing LV or Gucci belt.

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Is this shyt black only? I also have to ask - why do you do it?

Do you really think this shyt is hot? :heh:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
What, are you a fashion critic? Why are you concerned with what the next man is wearing?

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
To me, some products are purely functional.. a belt is one of them.. I don't want to hang out with people whose opinion of me would be any different whether I have on a LV belt or a $25 belt from Macy's

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Plenty of rich white men wear them.

Brody-J-shoes-belt.jpg

Pair it with a bad chick like Brody. :win:

It IS oddly a status symbol for black men, esp. since all you see on tv really are rappers wearing them.

Sampson

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Consumer Expenditure Survey conducted by the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. Blacks and Hispanics spend up to 30% more than whites of comparable income on visible goods like clothing, cars and jewelry, the researchers found. This meant that, compared to white households of similar income, the typical black and Hispanic household spent $2,300 more per year on visible items. To do that, they spent less on almost all other categories except housing, and they saved less.

Poor blacks and poor whites both spend more on visible goods if they live in poor communities, because such spending gives them more status relative to others in the community. But poor blacks and poor whites living among wealthier people do not devote extra portions of income to visible expenditures, since they are too far behind to get more status from the extra spending they can afford. Moreover, the very fact of belonging to a particular group provides observers with information about one's likely income (e.g. blacks are on average poorer than whites).

Conspicuous Consumption and Race: Who Spends More on What - Knowledge@Wharton

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Your have to be kidding me breh right?

Man when I started shopping in these high end stores I realize who spends the most Guwop in these stores.

Africans and Asians are probably high end stores best customers.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Those belts weren't designed with black people in mind tbh. Well to do white people wear the shyt out of louis gucci prada and all of that. It was made for them, and they are the primary purchasers of it too. They just dont make songs and brag about it. I went to a corporate retreat last year in florida and them lawyer and doctor types were swaggin like 2 chains minus the necklaces. I talked to this one guy there who was a surgeon he was playin tennis in a gucci v-neck and cargos I was messing with him about his outfit costing more than my plane ticket and he was like :youngsabo: I sleep in shyt like this bro