**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

parallax

Superstar
Daps
@AllHolosEve it boils down to this: I don’t like the characterization of peter Parker or spider man or MJ in the rami movies. I think they’re incredibly flawed characterizations, especially MJ. But that doesn’t mean the first two movies aren’t academically sound and great movies if we’re going strictly by what’s taught in film class and the “rules” of filmmaking.

Most of the arguments for or against the x men movies or any comic book movie on this board all boil down to whether a characterization worked for the viewer or didn’t and the movie is judged based on that bar. So even if a movie like X2 does everything a movie should do to be a dope movie there will still be detractors because not everyone agrees on how those characters were realized. Same goes for Iron Man 2, which has a few slips narratively and direction wise, but not enough to have it looked at as this b*stard child. But because it took the characters to places some people didn’t like, it’s the b*stard. Same for iron man 3 as well.

Comic book fans will forgive actual filmmaking weaknesses. They’ll forgive plot contrivances, shoddy writing, meh villains, and arcs that don’t really go anywhere as long as you give them the character on screen as they remember from the page. Even if what they remember is more wrapped in nostalgia instead of the truth. But the minute you deviate from that, at least according to them, then that’s it. Game over.

this is the truth. i went into antman ready to hate(not for the edgar wright shyt, but because pym wasnt lead) but after watching it, michael douglas did such a fantastic job as the character that it redeemed some of the misteps quite a bit

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm not about to write an essay because it's clear that most fans and critics liked not just Logan and Deadpool but also X2 and First Class and Days of Future Past, there's no reason for me to debate those facts. The numbers speak for themselves.

FOX also had some missteps but so has Marvel. So has Disney as a whole.

Stans let their brand biases get in the way of the facts.

Yea, my earlier post was largely a copy/paste of those box office numbers for x-men/spidey films. So although i think the hardcore fans would see a big improvement in an mcu x-men film based on their standards, i wonder how much of a critical/financial improvement it'd be from the typical movie goer who are oblivious to the source material either way, past some cartoons. i.e.SM:HC was a comparable success to the first 2-3 SMs, regardless of nuisance/accuracy/race bending.

So if the merger does happen, i'd be curious to see just how Disney switches things up with the x-men. And the response.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
@AllHolosEve it boils down to this: I don’t like the characterization of peter Parker or spider man or MJ in the rami movies. I think they’re incredibly flawed characterizations, especially MJ. But that doesn’t mean the first two movies aren’t academically sound and great movies if we’re going strictly by what’s taught in film class and the “rules” of filmmaking.

Most of the arguments for or against the x men movies or any comic book movie on this board all boil down to whether a characterization worked for the viewer or didn’t and the movie is judged based on that bar. So even if a movie like X2 does everything a movie should do to be a dope movie there will still be detractors because not everyone agrees on how those characters were realized. Same goes for Iron Man 2, which has a few slips narratively and direction wise, but not enough to have it looked at as this b*stard child. But because it took the characters to places some people didn’t like, it’s the b*stard. Same for iron man 3 as well.

Comic book fans will forgive actual filmmaking weaknesses. They’ll forgive plot contrivances, shoddy writing, meh villains, and arcs that don’t really go anywhere as long as you give them the character on screen as they remember from the page. Even if what they remember is more wrapped in nostalgia instead of the truth. But the minute you deviate from that, at least according to them, then that’s it. Game over.
This.

I've admittedly never read a comic but take old man logan. It sounds fukkign retarded. I much prefer what we got versus a story with if they had the rights would have had Hulkland and Hulk gang. It's sounds ass even if comic nerds revere it. I'm sorry but I'm glad hawkeye was nowhere near that movie.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I'm not about to write an essay because it's clear that most fans and critics liked not just Logan and Deadpool but also X2 and First Class and Days of Future Past, there's no reason for me to debate those facts. The numbers speak for themselves.
FOX also had some missteps but so has Marvel. So has Disney as a whole.
Stans let their brand biases get in the way of the facts.
You're not addressing me then because I've said I liked 3 1/2 of those movies, X-2 & First Class probably my favorites. So fukk CRITICS, fukk NUMBERS, fukk FOX & fukk DISNEY. I'm Pro-Marvel getting the characters back that's it. Don't even say fans cause that was just the point @MartyMcFly made, it's not a solid platform as far as dynamic.
this is the truth. i went into antman ready to hate(not for the edgar wright shyt, but because pym wasnt lead) but after watching it, michael douglas did such a fantastic job as the character that it redeemed some of the misteps quite a bit
This.
I've admittedly never read a comic but take old man logan. It sounds fukkign retarded. I much prefer what we got versus a story with if they had the rights would have had Hulkland and Hulk gang. It's sounds ass even if comic nerds revere it. I'm sorry but I'm glad hawkeye was nowhere near that movie.
People so upset they can't see I totally agree with @MartyMcFly. I might use terms comic/casual fans but I agree. I couldn't give a fukk about Ant-Man but after watching it bought the shyt cause I liked how good the character was played, still don't give a fukk about the sequel but we'll see. I hate fukking Wolverine but I understand why get used too much from a movie aspect.

I had to go to work so I couldn't finish but I lean more to the side that'll let some shyt slide as long as the character gets done right. Not comic-perfect but done good. A few GREAT characters =/= a LOT of fukked up ones to me. Marvel made nobody's stars & Fox can't even a roster of LEGIT stars, stars. Just my personal opinion.

But I was warned people wanna talk shyt & argue, not even about the topics presented.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This.

You never read a comic????? Breh

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Looks like we’ll find out which way things land in July

Disney, Fox Set July 10 Shareholder Votes on $52.4B Deal

Walt Disney and 21st Century Fox on Wednesday set July 10 shareholder votes in New York for their $52.4 billion deal, in which Disney would acquire large parts of Fox, including the 20th Century Fox studio, Fox's entertainment cable networks and its international assets, including its stake in Sky.

But cable giant Comcast's May 23 statement that, after being rejected in its attempt to buy the Murdoch family-led Fox in late 2017, it was preparing a "superior" all-cash bid for the same parts of Fox, rather than the all-stock deal that Disney struck, could affect that date.

Fox said Wednesday it was "aware of the press release" from Comcast, adding: "Under the Disney merger agreement, if any event occurs that 21st Century Fox determines, after consultation with outside legal counsel, is reasonably likely to require under applicable law the filing or mailing of any supplemental or amended disclosure, 21st Century Fox may postpone or adjourn the special meeting of its stockholders to allow reasonable additional time for the filing, mailing, dissemination and review by its stockholders of any such disclosure prior to the special meeting."

Disney's special shareholder meeting on the deal on Wednesday was set for 10 a.m. ET on July 10 at the New Amsterdam Theatre in midtown Manhattan. Fox's meeting was set for the same time at the nearby New York Hilton Midtown.

Disney is led by chairman and CEO Bob Iger, Fox by co-executive chairs Rupert and Lachlan Murdoch and CEO James Murdoch.

Daps
Yeah sorry folks but I don't want Disney to get this either. Comcast sucks as well but Disney are just too full of themselves, Marvel to. I see that they know their formula is successful and they'll just keep repeating it. I'm not with the keep building up to them big "events".

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know how an Xmen fan would prefer Fox to have the rights over let's say Disney given their terrible track record with the franchise, this is a studio that continues to let Hollywood's biggest pedophile to continue overseeing the franchise even after he drops trash after trash.

While Disney has made characters who have little recognition outside of comic book nerds into box office hits.

Yeah I rather see a change and an R rating doesn't equate to quality, a good example would be the uncut Zack Snyder's version of Batman in a Superman movie.