Is Nurse Eunice Rivers the biggest Black c00n of the last 100 years?

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Let's talk about this, brehs.

We've had our fair share of c00ns in the Black community. The nikkas who shot Malcom, the snitch who setup Fred Hampton, etc. But, Eunice Rivers might take the crown.

Thirty-five years ago, the covers were pulled off the Tuskegee syphilis experiment conducted by the Macon County Public Health Service (PHS). The 40-year experiment allegedly was set up to study the impact of untreated syphilis on some 600 black men, about 200 in a control group, beginning in 1932.

Although it certainly wasn’t the first or last of racist experiments on black people, historian James Jones and author of Bad Blood has described as "the longest non-therapeutic experiment on human beings in medical history."

Eunice Rivers had a unique role in this shameful project. She is often portrayed as a helpless pawn or it would be said that her behavior was justified for the historical period, i.e. a black nurse did what white doctors told her to do. For me, Nurse Eunice Rivers was the most despicable player in the game.

Rivers was the only one who stayed the duration of the project, choosing to continue even after she retired. She was given the opportunity to take a job in New York City but rejected it, opting instead to be used by the project. Nurse Rivers carried out the invaluable role of winning the trust of the men and their families and keeping them involved through a series of trickery and incentives. She passed on personal and family information to doctors, along with black cultural nuances, to exploit as the study saw fit. She was so trusted that the men would come to her for advice not related to the study.

005.jpg

002.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

008.jpg

002.jpg

010.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

019.jpg

013.jpg

Last edited:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Not trying to make a blanket statement, i love blk women, and im married to one and im raising 3 little black women........but.

Ive noticed at various jobs ive had, *some* black women are the most loyal employees there to the white bosses. Its some next level mammy shyt. They carry out the most heartless shyt with zero emotion. The white women always seemed to fight back, or at least question some of the bullshyt, but those mammy's would do whatever, whenever, however. There is a old saying that Black women = the white man's lieutenant. I dont agree, but i have to admit that a small minority of black women DO be on that Aunt Jemima shyt strong

GiGi

Slaying Bed Bucks™ since 1981
Daps
Reppin
SoCal and AZ
The role that Eunice Rivers played in the Tuskgee Syphllis Experiment is a sad chapter in black history. It ranks right up there with many black leaders (W.E.B. DuBois, Walter White, Adam Clayton Powell et al) partnering up with Margaret Sanger (founder of Planned Parenthood)who was a firm believer in eugenics and the sterilization of black Americans.

http://www.blackgenocide.org/sanger05.html