Is Kendrick Lamar the new Arrested Development?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) Arrested Development were adored by cac critics, particularly for their positivity (read: nonthreatening) as opposed to actual artistry, sold a ton, made crossover pop rap, had almost zero listenership in the streets, and proceeded to become irrelevant by the mid 90s. Now no one really cares about their catalogue despite all the cac acclaim.

Fair analysis?

For the record, I loved Mr Wendal as a kid. "Mr Wendal... yeee-ahhh". But listening to it now... the song's sophomoric as fukk

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
i know its very traumatic for you drake stanleys, but speaking to a therapist or attending a support group can help you work through your grief and improve your overall mental health. The following resources can help you find a psychologist, psychiatrist or support group near you.

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/Learn/Therapy

#theshift :banderas:

SirBiatch

Daps

Trap Soul

Superstar
Daps
i know its very traumatic for you drake stanleys, but speaking to a therapist or attending a support group can help you work through your grief and improve your overall mental health. The following resources can help you find a psychologist, psychiatrist or support group near you.

http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/Learn/Therapy

#theshift :banderas:

Your Avi is clearly a screen capture of what you spend your weekends doing, namely slurping man meat. Kill your family and then yourself :heh:

TheRtist

Superstar
Daps
If anything Arrested Development was the new/Southern Digital Underground.

Kendrick tends to seem a bit forced when it comes to the whole "look at me, I was raised around crips and bloods but I am not"

Pac was way more natural with that. Nothing completely shytting on his new project tho. He did his thang. Too bad it wasnt all that.

Someone in the journalism world giving it classic status is getting paid off.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
From my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) Arrested Development were adored by cac critics, particularly for their positivity (read: nonthreatening) as opposed to actual artistry, sold a ton, made crossover pop rap, had almost zero listenership in the streets, and proceeded to become irrelevant by the mid 90s. Now no one really cares about their catalogue despite all the cac acclaim.

Fair analysis?

For the record, I loved Mr Wendal as a kid. "Mr Wendal... yeee-ahhh". But listening to it now... the song's sophomoric as fukk
:ufdup:mr. wendal still kicks to this day!!

Now that I know him, to give him money isn't charity
He gives me some knowledge, I buy him some shoes
And to think blacks spend all that money on big colleges,
still most of y'all come out confused

:wow:

Mr.Wendal has freedom,
a freedom that you and I think is dumb
Free to be without the worries of a quick to diss society
for Mr.Wendal's a bum
His only worries are sickness
and an occasional harassment by the police and their chase
Uncivilized we call him,
but I just saw him eat off the food we waste
Civilization, are we really civilized, yes or no ?
Who are we to judge ?

:whew:
and i don't like arrested development like that, but that shyt is classic!!

SirBiatch

Daps