Is Hollywood Hogan's use of Voodoo Child the best entrance music in wrestling history?

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
does anything else compare?

i mean, there are some GREAT original themes out there. Hulks real american is ICONIC, warrior, etc

but how hard was hulk swaggin on people platying voodchild on his wcw heavy weight championship belt as he walked up the entrance, cigar in his mouth, with the most iconic stable of LEGENDS behind him playin second fiddle to hogans air guitar. the same belt he practiced his graf skills on, showing his iconic tag "NWO" to the world. hulk basically gave hip hop its style for the next 15 years. when he strolled out with the sock on his head, it was swag overkill. the perfect combo between music and wrestler

sometime i thought it was hulk himself playing hendrix on that belt, i still think it was.

edit:
ALSO, THINK ABOUT THIS

the HOLLYWOOD people making the Jimi Hendrix bopic starring andre3k of outkast CANT get his music in the movie. HOLLYWOOD MONEY CANT DO IT

but HOLLYWOOD HULK F'N HOGAN USED IT EVERY WEEK FOR A WRESTLING SHOW

Last edited:

luckyse7enz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit/Los Angeles
does anything else compare?

i mean, there are some GREAT original themes out there. Hulks real american is ICONIC, warrior, etc

but how hard was hulk swaggin on people platying voodchild on his wcw heavy weight championship belt as he walked up the entrance, cigar in his mouth, with the most iconic stable of LEGENDS behind him playin second fiddle to hogans air guitar. the same belt he practiced his graf skills on, showing his iconic tag "NWO" to the world. hulk basically gave hip hop its style for the next 15 years. when he strolled out with the sock on his head, it was swag overkill. the perfect combo between music and wrestler

sometime i thought it was hulk himself playing hendrix on that belt, i still think it was.

You know...I don't think I understood or appreciated just HOW disrespectful that was until this very moment. There had to be old heads that were like :whoa: :smh: about that.

Don't forget the feather boa, brother. :wowwow:

images

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is gonna be hard for some people to hear, and I say this as a professed Hogan mark... but Hollywood Hogan was corny.

:whoa:

Now I know he's obviously the most successful performer in the history of wrestling and I'm just a no name forum poster, so it's not like I have the right to say that he did anything "wrong"... but in my humble opinion I firmly believe he took the wrong approach to that character.

When you watch Hogan in shoot interviews the dude is just cool as fukk. Calm and collected but just swag comin out the pores. Like even when he's lyin his ass off and just bein a huge mark for himself he does it with such effortless confidence. Like he knows he's the shyt and he don't gotta prove shyt to no one.

That should have been Hollywood Hogan. The cool Hogan. The swagged out Hogan. Would have fit perfectly alongside Hall and Nash.

But there was nothing "cool" about Hollywood Hogan. If anything he was the complete OPPOSITE of Hall and Nash. Always screaming at the top of his lungs like he was cutting a Mean Gene promo ("ALL MY NWO-ITES!!! :snoop:), always acting like a coward and hiding behind his goons whenever someone tried to check him... the dude was a complete chickenshyt. And it doesn't make sense because Hogan was bigger and stronger than his opponent like 90% of the time. We're talkin about the biggest legend in wrestling and here he is on his hands and knees begging for mercy against fukkin flabby ass Roddy Piper :flabbynsick:. The same dude he used to bytch SLAP whether it was in the ring or even in his own cartoon.

It just didn't make sense to me. It never did. I know Hogan was a heel and they wanted to get heat on him but I think he should have still been portrayed as a dominant competitor. He should have been just as unbeatable and just as unshakeable as when he was a face.... only as a heel. I'm talkin hulk ups, kickin out of finishers... the guy should have been an absolute monster. Because now you have a guy that's unbeatable AND cheats... AND has a legion of goons who'd step in.

So when someone from WCW (namely Sting) does finally beat him... it's a big fukkin deal. You just beat Hulk Hogan. The god. The icon of wrestling. But instead beating Hogan didn't carry as much weight cause he was portrayed like such a p*ssy.

fukkin Karl Malone and Jay Leno weren't even afraid of Hollywood Hogan.

Last edited:

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
And it doesn't make sense because Hogan was bigger and stronger than his opponent like 90% of the time. We're talkin about the biggest legend in wrestling and here he is on his hands and knees begging for mercy against fukkin flabby ass Roddy Piper :flabbynsick:. The same dude he used to bytch SLAP whether it was in the ring or even in his own cartoon.

It just didn't make sense to me. It never did. I know Hogan was a heel and they wanted to get heat on him but I think he should have still been portrayed as a dominant competitor. He should have been just as unbeatable and just as unshakeable as when he was a face.... only as a heel. I'm talkin hulk ups, kickin out of finishers... the guy should have been an absolute monster. Because now you have a guy that's unbeatable AND cheats... AND has a legion of goons who'd step in.

So when someone from WCW (namely Sting) does finally beat him... it's a big fukkin deal. You just beat Hulk Hogan. The god. The icon of wrestling. But instead beating Hogan didn't carry as much weight cause he was portrayed like such a p*ssy.

the hulk up was a spiritual connection between hulk and his hulkamaniacs. He needed to draw that energy from his fans(just like Goku would draw energy for a spirit bomb). With the fans against him, he couldn't do it.

IT WOULDN'T BE FAIR, BROTHER! THE NWO AND HULKAMANIA AT THE SAME TIME, DUDE? MIGHT AS WELL JUST END PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING, BECAUSE THAT IS THE FINAL LEVEL, JACK!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
@Heelish

That's actually a great point.

Okay so maybe the hulk ups wouldn't have made much sense.

But still... he didn't need to look so wimpy.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
This is gonna be hard for some people to hear, and I say this as a professed Hogan mark... but Hollywood Hogan was corny.

:whoa:

Now I know he's obviously the most successful performer in the history of wrestling and I'm just a no name forum poster, so it's not like I have the right to say that he did anything "wrong"... but in my humble opinion I firmly believe he took the wrong approach to that character.

When you watch Hogan in shoot interviews the dude is just cool as fukk. Calm and collected but just swag comin out the pores. Like even when he's lyin his ass off and just bein a huge mark for himself he does it with such effortless confidence. Like he knows he's the shyt and he don't gotta prove shyt to no one.

That should have been Hollywood Hogan. The cool Hogan. The swagged out Hogan. Would have fit perfectly alongside Hall and Nash.

But there was nothing "cool" about Hollywood Hogan. If anything he was the complete OPPOSITE of Hall and Nash. Always screaming at the top of his lungs like he was cutting a Mean Gene promo ("ALL MY NWO-ITES!!! :snoop:), always acting like a coward and hiding behind his goons whenever someone tried to check him... the dude was a complete chickenshyt. And it doesn't make sense because Hogan was bigger and stronger than his opponent like 90% of the time. We're talkin about the biggest legend in wrestling and here he is on his hands and knees begging for mercy against fukkin flabby ass Roddy Piper :flabbynsick:. The same dude he used to bytch SLAP whether it was in the ring or even in his own cartoon.

fukkin Karl Malone and Jay Leno weren't even afraid of Hollywood Hogan.

I was prepared to hate on this post initially, but it actually made a lot of sense :ehh:

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
@Heelish

That's actually a great point.

Okay so maybe the hulk ups wouldn't have made much sense.

But still... he didn't need to look so wimpy.

I think that was the point of the character breh, it's why he was so hated and hilarious:mjlol:

Kills me every time I see god damn Hulk Hogan cowering like a bytch, poking fools in the eye and stalling his ass off. Dude in my eyes is the best of all time because of his work as Hollywood Hogan. Two completely different characters

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
yea while i would have loved for hogan to go ona streak of killin dudes as soon as the nwo formed, i understand why they didnt do that. i thi nk they fd up wit that too a lil but like hulk said above, thats like the final level JACK!

and yes, hogan may be one of the only wrestlers (maybe the rock/sacvage) who are top 5 heel and faces