is having a inferiority complex really that bad of a thing to have?

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been studying this and came to the conclusion I have one...and i was in denial @ first but i pretty much exhibit all the symptoms....and then I thought it....it helps me thrive....It makes a person want to better themselves until they're on top

i think the person that coined this phrase was just weak and didn't want to compete...IMO its healthy to have an attitude where u want to be the best....weak ppl just like stopping strong ppl from winning

in other words it means you're not a sucka

no such thing as an inferiority complex....don't let titles stop u from achieving greatness

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nah it's better to have a superiority complex because you make it your life's goal to be better than everyone at everything. You make it your job not to lose

To be honest I don't feel like anyone is better than me at anything until they prove it :yeshrug:

Not saying I'm the best but in my mind I am

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Inferiority complex to whom? You might be in the early developing stages of becoming a Procyon lotor(google it). And do you think it's okay to have a superiority complex?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Inferiority complex to whom? You might be in the early developing stages of becoming a Procyon lotor(google it). And do you think it's okay to have a superiority complex?

The devil is in the details...we get so caught up in the langague that what's really being said gets lost. I think I understand what he's saying...you could say that keeping yourself from being inferior to this or that person is motivation...but an inferiority complex to me is more like a maze of limitation.

Complex:
In psychoanalysis, a group of related, often repressed ideas and impulses that compel characteristic or habitual patterns of thought, feelings, and behavior.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is I master everything I do...

PlainSight

Anon
Daps
Reppin
UK
All I know is I master everything I do...
That doesn't necessarily point to an inferiority complex - I'd say a person with an inferiority complex is exactly the latter part of your opening post. A "person who is weak and doesn't want to compete" so therefore uses people he considers "superior" to himself as reasons/excuses as to why he cannot succeed, and finds bitter comfort in considering himself inferior.

What you are I'd say is a perfectionist. You have a need to be better all the time, there's always a way you can be better. That's not necessarily a good thing either though because the pursuit of perfection is often a futile endeavor, as it's an ideal that in many cases cannot be reached - consistency and efficiency being the closest possible outcome.

Daps
Reppin
Canada
That doesn't necessarily point to an inferiority complex - I'd say a person with an inferiority complex is exactly the latter part of your opening post. A "person who is weak and doesn't want to compete" so therefore uses people he considers "superior" to himself as reasons/excuses as to why he cannot succeed, and finds bitter comfort in considering himself inferior.

What you are I'd say is a perfectionist. You have a need to be better all the time, there's always a way you can be better. That's not necessarily a good thing either though because the pursuit of perfection is often a futile endeavor, as it's an ideal that in many cases cannot be reached - consistency and efficiency being the closest possible outcome.

I'd prefer the term rapist, because I rape my competition. :jawalrus: