Inherent Vice | Paul Thomas Anderson, Thomas Pynchon, Joaquin Phoenix

xx001234448

Visual Storyteller
Daps
Premieres Oct. 4th at The New York Film Festival and in theaters December 12th.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1791528/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherent_Vice_(film)

Inherent Vice is an upcoming American dark comedy/crime drama written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson, based on the novel Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon. The film stars Joaquin Phoenix, Josh Brolin, Owen Wilson, Katherine Waterston, Reese Witherspoon, Jena Malone,Joanna Newsom and Benicio del Toro. It will be the first feature film adapted from a work by Pynchon. The film is scheduled to be released on December 12, 2014.

InherentJoaquin.jpg

Inherent_vice_cover.jpg

v6jih5.jpg

I'll update with more news, posters and trailers as time goes on. Anyone else looking forward to this? Should be pretty good.

EDIT: Trailer

Last edited:

Jeffrey Lebowski

i'm the dude
Daps
Reppin
Read this book when it first came out. Love the casting of Phoenix in the lead; been a stan of his since I'm Still Here. Considering the talents involved, it'd be hard to this to fukk up.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Can't fukking wait for this.

I'm gonna try to read Inherent Vice beforehand. But it would be my first Pynchon :lupe:

People say to start with the Crying Lot of 49. I guess I see no reason not to read both :ehh:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I'd be more hype if RDJ was doing it as initially scheduled but I'm still hype..so as apposed to 11 I'm on a 10

Yea but I argue Joquin Phoenix is the best actor working today not named Danie Day lewis and if you had to replace RDJ, you not going down with Phoenix at all

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea but I argue Joquin Phoenix is the best actor working today not named Danie Day lewis and if you had to replace RDJ, you not going down with Phoenix at all

Well RDJ is my fav breh so anytime I get a chance to see him do something not Tony Stark or similar to Tony Stark I'm down and I would love to see him in a PT Anderson flick

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Well RDJ is my fav breh so anytime I get a chance to see him do something not Tony Stark or similar to Tony Stark I'm down and I would love to see him in a PT Anderson flick

Me too. That would be amazing:wow:But RDJ's agent calls him and shows him those Marvel checks, and RDJ is like:patrice:

Iron man 23:manny:Dropping May 14, 2093

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Me too. That would be amazing:wow:But RDJ's agent calls him and shows him those Marvel checks, and RDJ is like:patrice:

Iron man 23:manny:Dropping May 14, 2093
:deadrose: can't blame him tho. Nah breh turns out it wasn't his agent or the money or his wife in his ear...PTA told him he was too old

These days the son mentions the father often and fondly, particularly as the proud bearer of a filmmaking legacy that he would like to carry onward. It was also through his father that Downey became close with Paul Thomas Anderson: "He was actually friends with my pop first. And then finally the three of us got together for a meal, and then we kind of branched off. P.T. and I like ribbing each other. He goes, 'How does it feel to be the shortest superstar in the world?' And I say, 'It's amazing. And who tagged on that other act in the movie after Joaquin drove off on the motorcycle? Because the movie ended there, right?' He just laughs. We live to rib each other, because he is as far on one side of the scale as I am to the other, presently, in people's perception, and yet we could finish each other's sentences all day." They discussed the possibility that Downey might be in Anderson's next movie, an adaptation of Thomas Pynchon's Inherent Vice, and Downey says that he was into it but that Anderson ultimately wanted to make the movie with Joaquin Phoenix. "I think he told me I'm too old," says Downey, amused. "Which I lovewhen people tell me."