In Beilein We Trust!!!!!:The Sequel: 2015-2016 Michigan Wolverines Basketball Thread (Squad 100)

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
Michigan-Media-Day-5-1024x683.jpg

Michigan-Media-Day-2-1024x1536.jpg

Michigan-74-Le-Moyne-52-6-768x512.jpg

Michigan-74-Le-Moyne-52-8-768x512.jpg

Michigan-74-Le-Moyne-52-15-768x512.jpg

Michigan-74-Le-Moyne-52-22-1024x683.jpg

Michigan-74-Le-Moyne-52-26-1024x683.jpg

Michigan-74-Le-Moyne-52-14-1024x683.jpg

Michigan-74-Le-Moyne-52-10-1024x683.jpg

John Beilein and staff brings back basically everyone from last year's team. This team will be Beilein's most veteran and loaded team since the 2012 Final Four team. Caris Levert returns from injury that knocked him out of the 2nd half of last season. Levert is expected to lead this team. Pre-season All American :yes: He's going to have to balance when to score and when to pass since their are other talented players on the team. Derrick Walton also returns from a injury that knocked him of the 2nd of the season too. He should finally make that jump since he's been in the system for 3 years now. Also expect a big season from him.Backcourt should be :whew: Zak Irvin expanded his all around game last season and should also have a big season too. Probably going to miss a few early games due to off-season back surgery. Aubrey Dawkins surprised everybody last season. Another one of Beilein low key 2* recruits who has turned into a potential pro. Best athlete on the team. Spent the off-season working on his body and game. Spike Albretch is our reliable backup PG. One of the leaders of the team. Ricky Doyle should give us some points in the paint. Kid had some nice footwork in the post. Hopefully he worked on his hand in the season. Big time recruit in last years recruiting class Kam Chatman freshmen season was a letdown. Showed flashes here and there but was an overall disappointment. DJ Wilson 6'9/6'10 SF/PF returns after medical redshirting last season. Backup PG Muhammad Alu Abdur-Rahkman also showed promise last season. Mins might be slashed due to Walton returning and Spike being in front of him. Duncan Robinson :wow: might be the best shooter we have had here since Stauskas. Lights out shooter. Can't put the ball on the floor like Stauskas did tho. Mark Donnal is just a body. Can shoot the ball but he's soft. Also the highly touted European Moritz Wagner might play if he's good enough. Team is loaded at SF/PF Expect him to redshirt tho.

Our new uniforms are :scust:

Big early games against Xavier, UConn and potentially Syracuse

@Ed MOTHEREFFING G
@Ed MOTHERfukkING G
@Trust Me
@wire28
@hood b. goode
@eastside313
@Maizeandbluekid
@Swiggy
@Regular_P
@BarNone
@MercuryHayes
@FreedS[ohh]lave
@Absolut
@dh86
@Knights89
@AvadaKadaBreh
@DoubleClutch
@Poitier
@FappleMeOff
@HNIC973
@|r|e|a|d|

In Beilein We Trust :salute:

Last edited:

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
few thoughts

agreed on the uniforms :francis:
didnt know the Friday game was an exhibition, true opener is this Friday
We gotta get some contributions worth a damn from the four/five more consistently...think solid play and depth will be their 1-3

we have some names like NC, SMU, and UCONN as out of conference opponents but it seems softer as a whole than years past?
Michigan Wolverines Basketball 2015-16 Schedule - Wolverines Home and Away - ESPN

I looked at past years, and kind came to that conclusion :patrice: shouldn't assume W's after some L's were caught by them against teams they had no business losing too. No trip out west either

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Just hoping everyone stays healthy this year. Should be a really good team if they do. :obama:

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
I don't know how I feel about this team to be honest. I just hope we make a run. I know Beilein's a hell of a developer of talent, but we really need to recruit better. He's not going to continue to make these borderline 3 star kids into final four teams.

As for the uni's, it's almost like it was Adidas' final 'fukk YOU' to Michigan for leaving their sorry asses.

Ugliest uniforms I've seen in years.

MF budz

All Star
Daps
Caris, Walton jr, and Irvin about to show the world something nasty this year. No injuries please basketball gawds:blessed:

Maizeandbluekid

Early 2010's OG
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Have confidence we can make a good run this year, provided we stay mostly healthy. If it wasn't for that ugly ass waist design, I might have actually liked the unis, but I'm in agreement with everyone else. Can't wait for Nike/Jumpman next year. :banderas:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Have confidence we can make a good run this year, provided we stay mostly healthy. If it wasn't for that ugly ass waist design, I might have actually liked the unis, but I'm in agreement with everyone else. Can't wait for Nike/Jumpman next year. :banderas:
I mean, who in the design dept looked at those shorts and gave them the final ok? Look like nikkas got run over at the waist.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Soft ass class.

That's the one knock on Beilein.. His recruiting leaves a lot to me desired. Maybe it has to do with the fact that all the top dogs come out of pocket for some of these kids, but I just don't see it getting any better anytime soon.

true about the top dogs coming out of pocket, but he can be more agressive. point to recent sucess of the team/nba draftees and see what happens. His recruitment of 4's and 5's needs to be called out and get better in a hurry. Hopefully the freshmen from last year show some life with these guys coming in 2016.