I'm starting to agree with Phonzi about this music thing now.

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
Phon Zhi is a bit of a broken record when it comes to the music we listen to but he's pretty much on the money. When you turn to 'white' stations their music isn't about wasting money, disrespecting other white people or hurting each other but ours is.

With the way they're locking up rappers for their lyrics (and affiliations) these days I wonder if that's enough to bring positive black music back to the forefront...

Ricky Church

Stole Timberlake's Spaceship-Coupe
Daps
Reppin
Hudson County N.J. [Jersey City 201]
Not to sound like a Hipster-fakkit or anything, but the commercial music scene has been garbage for a while now. Can't tell you the last time I listened to the radio.

You gotta blame the generation though... go look up Youtube's most viewed videos and you'll see what I mean. :smh:

Flash Thunderton

The 4th Migo
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Phon Zhi is a bit of a broken record when it comes to the music we listen to but he's pretty much on the money. When you turn to 'white' stations their music isn't about wasting money, disrespecting other white people or hurting each other but ours is.

With the way they're locking up rappers for their lyrics (and affiliations) these days I wonder if that's enough to bring positive black music back to the forefront...

I don't think it will happen soon cause label heads are more willing to sign negative artists for some reason

Daps
Reppin
Houston
Can't lie. Since I've started to monitor the type of music I consume, I have a whole new outlook on life. As a black man, a lot me of that shyt is cancer to your subconscious. Stopped listening to the radio and had to delete most of the music off my phone. Unfortunately, I still listen to :demonic: shyt when I'm in the gym. Gates got the juice when it comes to workout music.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:I haven't fukked with rap and RnB for years for this very reason. shyts trash and doesn't make me really feel any sort of way positive. All my hip hop comes from mid 90s or earlier, and pop or punk rock fills the void. Our music in the mainstream is trash.

By the way, I was shocked a while back with how explicit the drug references that gets played on terrestrial radio can be. Like really?:dahell:This shyt ain't for black folks. That's them white 20 something's obviously, cause when I think of drugs, I think of how it took some of my friends and has people afraid to walk down their own blocks. fukk that music.

Last edited: