THE DARK TOWER - (Official Thread)

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
First of all,misleading fukking thread title.

But,this doesnt make sense,to me. Roland is white,which normally doesnt matter but a huge part of the story is that susan,one of the major characters is black and doesnt trust him because he is white. Theres a lot more to it than that but casting idris youd have to rewrite significant amounts of the story.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could change it around that Susan is WHITE and she doesn't trust him because he's black. Yes, Roland is white in the books, but don't forget Javier Bardem was going to be Roland when the movie almost went forward at Universal a couple years back (last I checked Bardem was definitely NOT white). And there was NO OUTRAGE when that was going on. Idris would kill this role.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
You could change it around that Susan is WHITE and she doesn't trust him because he's black. Yes, Roland is white in the books, but don't forget Javier Bardem was going to be Roland when the movie almost went forward at Universal a couple years back (last I checked Bardem was definitely NOT white). And there was NO OUTRAGE when that was going on. Idris would kill this role.
I guess, I just love the books and I cannot see idris in the role at all. I couldnt see bardem in it either. I dont think either would be a good choice.

Idris would make a better bond than roland. Idris is too much of a pretty boy for rolands character. Rolands pretty much a beaten down old man. Hes not suave and cool like elba.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
What's the story about brehs?!?! :patrice:
Its Stephen kings magnum opus. Almost all his other novels in some way connect to the dark tower series. Honeslty its too long and convoluted for a simple plot break down but its a huge epic journey.:yeshrug: one of my favorite book series of all time.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess, I just love the books and I cannot see idris in the role at all. I couldnt see bardem in it either. I dont think either would be a good choice.

Idris would make a better bond than roland. Idris is too much of a pretty boy for rolands character. Rolands pretty much a beaten down old man. Hes not suave and cool like elba.

I respect your opinion on that. I understand loving books, and hating when drastic changes are made. I'm definitely a protective fan of the GAME OF THRONES books. Though I think Benioff & Weiss have done a real good job adapting GOT.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
First of all,misleading fukking thread title.

But,this doesnt make sense,to me. Roland is white,which normally doesnt matter but a huge part of the story is that susan,one of the major characters is black and doesnt trust him because he is white. Theres a lot more to it than that but casting idris youd have to rewrite significant amounts of the story.

Definitely, Idris is my nikka so I'm not gonna hate and I love to see a black person get the leading role in a major franchise. But selfishly as a big fan of the books it just ain't gonna work for me, I can't see it. It also makes me question how much they respect the source material and how true of an adaption it's gonna be to the series.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
Yes he fukking is. :dwillhuh: You trolling breh?
nicca wat :dahell:

1. Javier Bardem
    Actor
    Javier Ángel Encinas Bardem is a Spanish actor. In 2007, he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as psychopathic assassin Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men. Wikipedia

Born: March 1, 1969 (age 46), Las Palmas, Spain

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family

1. Javier Bardem
    Actor
    Javier Ángel Encinas Bardem is a Spanish actor. In 2007, he won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role as psychopathic assassin Anton Chigurh in No Country for Old Men. Wikipedia

Javier-Bardem-Pictures.jpg

Being from spain doesnt mean he isnt white. A lot of hispanics are caucasian. He definitely looks caucasian.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

1. Javier Bardem
    Actor

Yeah breh he is from Spain. People from Spain are white.

This is legit the first time I've heard a Spanish referred to as non-white. :mjlol: Is this some kind of American thing?

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
i read the first book.... bored the shyt out of me. I remember while reading the book i was thinking...(man if they ever make a movie timothy olyphant could play this guy roland). Anyway, lots of ppl love these books, i just couldn't get into them :yeshrug:
I read the stand, pet cemetery and salems lot (i thought they were ok )
I just couldn't finish the first book of the dark tower

Daps
Its Stephen kings magnum opus. Almost all his other novels in some way connect to the dark tower series. Honeslty its too long and convoluted for a simple plot break down but its a huge epic journey.:yeshrug: one of my favorite book series of all time.

In terms of his novels, Misery is without a doubt his magnum opus.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah breh he is from Spain. People from Spain are white.

This is legit the first time I've heard a Spanish referred to as non-white. :mjlol: Is this some kind of American thing?
:dead: Yes, people here are very ignorant. In america, if u speak spanish, u r mexican .