Ideas for The Tunnel 2015

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2015 is here. We're about to complete our first major tournament. :mjcry: we did good brehs.

What thing sure we do to keep the momentum going this year?

I really enjoyed the sample battles. It's hard as a motherfukker to get them shyts in with the deadlines but hearin what different shyt people come up with using the same sample base is dope.

I usually fukk around with the sample battles on mpcforum.com http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewforum.php?f=40

But this shyt here is like family.

Iono if it would work as an incentive, but id be willing to pitch in or even put up like a $20 best buy gift card, or send @cook @Brooklynzson some money and if we did something monthly or quarterly like a bracket where the Top 4 or Top 2 producers that have been voted the best flips go head to head and the overall winner gets a $20 best buy gift card to purchase an album (or whatever they want), or with the funds pitched in and sent to cook and bk they can send them a coli t-shirt.

I dont know if we could get enough support to hook up 1st 2nd and 3rd place but that would be cool.

Something for a set up would be.

Week 1 winner of that sits out
Week 2 winner of that sits out
Week 3 winner of that sits out and week 1 and 2 go head to head, winner sits out
Week 4 winner of that sits out
Week 5 week 3 and 4 go head to head
Week 6 winner of 1v2 and 3v4 go head to head and the winner is crowned

There could even be an elimination bracket where if you lost you can still compete and the weeks your not competing but still submitting beats you can win that bracket and at the end there could be a redemption battle where the winner of the losers bracket goes against the winner of the winners bracket.

:yeshrug:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yeah 2014 was pretty damn good for the Tunnel. It had it's highs and lows, but in the end a lot of dope shyt was accomplished.

Definitely wanna get the Sample/Original Theme battles up again. I kinda fell behind with running this place due to working on so many projects with the cats that post in here.

I'll be dropping the Tunnel Gang mixtape next week which is basically an accumulation of piff from last years tourneys and battles. After that I'm down for whatever. We can prolly get the Trap Tourney started 1st.

• Dap
Reactions: DBR

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I really enjoyed the sample battles. It's hard as a motherfukker to get them shyts in with the deadlines but hearin what different shyt people come up with using the same sample base is dope.

I usually fukk around with the sample battles on mpcforum.com http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewforum.php?f=40

But this shyt here is like family.

Iono if it would work as an incentive, but id be willing to pitch in or even put up like a $20 best buy gift card, or send @cook @Brooklynzson some money and if we did something monthly or quarterly like a bracket where the Top 4 or Top 2 producers that have been voted the best flips go head to head and the overall winner gets a $20 best buy gift card to purchase an album (or whatever they want), or with the funds pitched in and sent to cook and bk they can send them a coli t-shirt.

I dont know if we could get enough support to hook up 1st 2nd and 3rd place but that would be cool.

Something for a set up would be.

Week 1 winner of that sits out
Week 2 winner of that sits out
Week 3 winner of that sits out and week 1 and 2 go head to head, winner sits out
Week 4 winner of that sits out
Week 5 week 3 and 4 go head to head
Week 6 winner of 1v2 and 3v4 go head to head and the winner is crowned

There could even be an elimination bracket where if you lost you can still compete and the weeks your not competing but still submitting beats you can win that bracket and at the end there could be a redemption battle where the winner of the losers bracket goes against the winner of the winners bracket.

:yeshrug:

Ok, lets start the sample battle again. I got to formats I been thinking of for a while.

1. I was going to call it Tour de Sample where every month, I'll give an artist, or a theme and you guys will do the digging around that them and flip the sample. It would use a point system for the top 3-5.

2. We could do a Rhythm Roulette type challenge where we have 3 songs and you flip them anyway you like into 1 track. Winners get a invite to a tournament to a sample battle later on and get to choose 1 of the songs for next month.

DBR

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Ima be honnest , i feel like what the tunnel lacking is having more emcee around posting more often and fukk with us producers , its clear we have some very dope beatmaker here but i dont see much emcee around exept in the post your music thread . We should have some lil contest for emcee as well and it dont need to be a 64 participants elimination tourney or some shyt , just some little audio/text contest with theme or what ever that would make the tunnel more entertaining for everyone . I saw someone bringing the idea of making a song contest earlier this week and its a good thing i guess. Maybe try to recruit on some other site but since its a hip hop community im sure alot of people rap as a hobby around here(i do myself) . Just need to put up some challenge for them that would make them to record something and take this rapping thing more further than what they would usually do Not knocking down those sample / theme battle its a great thing and its a good idea to keep em coming i would just like to see more emcee as well in here . That would be the place to be for a producers and a rapper as well . Anybody feel free to develop more on it im just trying to put the spark on something that could elevate the tunnel on an other level if done right ...:yeshrug:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ok, lets start the sample battle again. I got to formats I been thinking of for a while.

2. We could do a Rhythm Roulette type challenge where we have 3 songs and you flip them anyway you like into 1 track. Winners get a invite to a tournament to a sample battle later on and get to choose 1 of the songs for next month.

Rhythm Roulette is cool.

-Side note....what do you think about doing a Coli Producers Series..where various members of the coli record a beat from scratch (can be rehearsed, but the sequence showing everything being put together, ie drums, piano, bass, is shown) and upload it, and we get a feature??????? @LauderdaleBoss @TEKBEATZ

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Ima be honnest , i feel like what the tunnel lacking is having more emcee around posting more often and fukk with us producers , its clear we have some very dope beatmaker here but i dont see much emcee around exept in the post your music thread . We should have some lil contest for emcee as well and it dont need to be a 64 participants elimination tourney or some shyt , just some little audio/text contest with theme or what ever that would make the tunnel more entertaining for everyone . I saw someone bringing the idea of making a song contest earlier this week and its a good thing i guess. Maybe try to recruit on some other site but since its a hip hop community im sure alot of people rap as a hobby around here(i do myself) . Just need to put up some challenge for them that would make them to record something and take this rapping thing more further than what they would usually do Not knocking down those sample / theme battle its a great thing and its a good idea to keep em coming i would just like to see more emcee as well in here . That would be the place to be for a producers and a rapper as well . Anybody feel free to develop more on it im just trying to put the spark on something that could elevate the tunnel on an other level if done right ...:yeshrug:

I feel you breh. You talking about this thread right here.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/calling-all-rappers-coli-rap-competition.290200/

I tagged cats in it and for the most part dudes seemed legit interested, but everyone else been ignoring it. That idea seems like the right move to make. If anything producers and emcees can join teams and do it like that.