The Official “Blowed Up” (My web series) Thread - [EPISODE 5 OUT NOW!] WATCH/SUPPORT!

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Alright, here's my story.

I worked at a newspaper in Virginia for 4 years fresh out of college, putting my dreams of writing for entertainment to the side. On some now or never, I sold everything that couldn't fit in my car and drove 2,000 miles with my wife out to Los Angeles to break into TV writing and standup -- we've been there ever since and loving it.

Along the way, I've gotten some good confirmation that I've got what it takes, including finalist spots in both a Bill Cosby sponsored USC screenwriting program (now defunct) and a Warner Bros. writer program.

zlcigy.jpg

I've also started getting booked with standup at places like the World Famous Comedy Store

293zvkm.jpg

But I've also gotten my fair share of rejection trying to break into the industry. Because of that, and because one of my best friends, who lives in NYC chasing the same dream has also had similar experiences, we decided to create something that we could call our own...

The web series:

TITLE: "Blowed Up"

SYNOPSIS: Knocking on 30 and going through a nasty separation with his wife in Los Angeles, Lerone shows up on best friend Terrence's doorstep in Brooklyn, where he lives with his new girlfriend. In the process, Lerone is the third wheel roommate from hell, but also inspires Terrence to relive the wilder days of their friendship, get back focused with their comedy goals and steer clear of the bullshyt "they" say you're supposed to do when you become a real adult.

CHARACTERS:

Lerone (Male, Late 20s):

2q1x6r8.jpg

He's a wildly positive, free thinking black hippy with a lot of bad ideas and a little bit of self-awareness.

Terrence (Male, Late 20s):

29v00tc.jpg

He's a cool-headed guy that enjoys the simple things in life, but is known to spaz out and panic at the drop of a hat.

Ashley (Female, Mid-20s):

fnzeol.jpg

She's sweet and patient with the new living arrangement, but wants so much more out of life.

Jodi (Female, Early 20s):

2wqfu45.jpg

She's a free spirit that always says something out of left field and isn't above doing dirt when the situation calls for it.

BACKGROUND:

The series title, "Blowed Up" is a play on Emmitt Smith botching words.

I've been friends with Terrence since 10th grade and we've got stories on stories of stuff we've been through. We've written 14 episodes that should run between 5 to 10 minutes a piece. I'm starting this thread as a bit of a journal to share with you guys and to keep track of progress and thoughts, because I want 2016 to be a big year. This is the first time any of us have done anything like this, so it's a win just to put it out. I have no clue how it'll turn out, so it's both scary and exciting at the same time. But one way or another, I know it'll only make us better and put us closer to where we want to be in life.

Of course, I'd really love your support when it comes out. Right now, we're shooting in Brooklyn starting mid-January. I'll be sure to give updates every step of the way and will drop media and host Periscope sessions.

This is a music video from the guy who is directing and shooting the series for us:

The artist is completely unrelated to our project, just wanted to give an idea of the style and quality of equipment we'll be working with.

Anyway, I'll be adding to this. Thought it'd be a good time to post it since we're close to going into production and on the cusp of the New Year. Looking forward to it.

Ask me anything.

(EPISODE LIST):

EPISODE 1 - PILOT

EPISODE 2 - LYNNE

EPISODE 3 - RENT

EPISODE 4 - BREAKIN

Subscribe to the "Blowed Up" channel PLEASE!

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Props on pursuing your dreams and taking the steps to create something of your own.

Why did you choose the title, I don't really remember the Emmet Smith thing and how does it relate to the series as a whole?

Will it be available on youtube?

What type of tone are you going for?

Where are the pics of the females :shaq:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Props on pursuing your dreams and taking the steps to create something of your own.

Why did you choose the title, I don't really remember the Emmet Smith thing and how does it relate to the series as a whole?

Will it be available on youtube?

What type of tone are you going for?

Where are the pics of the females :shaq:
Emmit on ESPN

That whole season he was on countdown was must see TV

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
How did you go about entering those writing contests?
Do you have an agent?
How much do you pay for equipment?(If at all)
Do you pay the actors?
What's your thought process when you're crafting a story?

This is an inspiring story and I wish you nothing but success.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
he was asking you to sell him the product..so you can gain viewers and interest.

I considered that, but the coli is full of smartasses so I wasn't sure :russ:

If that's the case I apologize.

I'll come back when I get a minute to add something.

Pretty much. If you can't sell me on this within two sentences or less, than it's probably not worth buying.