I appreciate Kendrick Lamar not reminding us constantly of his gang affiliations.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm under the impression he's affiliated, but not necessarily full fledged, am I right? Regardless, it's nice hearing a young dude as talented as he is and all the while not relying on some false bravado image. Dude's just being himself.

Ya many people would just use that to portray themselves as bangaz

But he doesnt abuse and use the background of his to make himself look like someone he's not

Respect to da homie Kendrick :obama:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On the good kid Pharrell song, he said he wasn't affiliated; just targeted because of his neighborhood. :yeshrug:

BlackZilla

M0derator
Daps
Well it's nice to see folks being able to get by in the rap game being themselves. As much as I think Drake sucks, at least he's being himself. Same goes for Kendrick for not trying to portay himself as this super-thug.

What would you guys say about SchoolBoy Q though? I like him as a gangsta rapper that has some kind of charisma, can spit and so on. Is he really about that life (Or was or whatever?)

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
I'm under the impression he's affiliated, but not necessarily full fledged, am I right? Regardless, it's nice hearing a young dude as talented as he is and all the while not relying on some false bravado image. Dude's just being himself.

he does the samething dj quik did when he came out...

quik didnt let it hang until safe n sound...

but he gave clues...the quik is the name album

not too mention been flamed up alot lately

qtipkendricklamar.jpg
Kendrick-Lamar-Air-Jordan-1-BlackRed-.jpg
0.jpg

tirademode

Duncan Hines monument cakes
Daps
Where you from ? "I dont bang"
Where you stay ? "Westside"

That's a piru gang to be exact.
Well aware they had blue across they hat
Dropped backpack and ran inside the cul de sac.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How Ironic is this thread...

Somebody just posted a song called "Murda" ft Kendrick and two unknown rappers...

Song was alright though...Great beat...

Daps
Reppin
Chi
He's clearly from a Piru hood. Didn't bang, but I'm sure has friends/fam affiliated and growing up in that neighborhood means you can get lumped in by outsiders.

He doesn't bang so he's not going to act like he does.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
Seems like all of them were affliated in some way or at least know people that bang. Seems like if you leave the house at all and actually do shyt you will be somewhat apart of it or see it in action over there.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
He's clearly from a Piru hood. Didn't bang, but I'm sure has friends/fam affiliated and growing up in that neighborhood means you can get lumped in by outsiders.

He doesn't bang so he's not going to act like he does.

...quik didnt bang either...he will say still to this day...he served the fiends..