How do y'all feel between IMAX and LIEMAX?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I haven't been in a legit IMAX in a minute and even then most of the theaters were converted to liemax. Honestly, it's just too much trouble to find one now and get tickets to the movies I want to see at the time we want to see it. So I roll with liemax by default.

what do you think? yeah the screen size, how bout the audio and picture quality difference?

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
In Michigan (not sure about anywhere else) we have the Emagine theaters, and they put in some bullshyt called EMAX as their version of liemax :heh:

It has Dolby Atmos, though, and shyt was speakered out like a big budgeted concert... so that was entertaining :ehh:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
last time i went to a real imax the screen was so big the 3d glasses didn't cover the entire screen, like the edges were poking out

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
NOPE!! Fake-ass Digital IMAX is 2K (maybe 4K at the most). Real 70MM film IMAX is basically 8K.
so how do you tell the difference between a real imax and a fake one? they all say imax on them... but i hear there's two different sizes as well as what you're saying here... if i'm paying $17 a ticket in the daytime... i'm gonna need it to be the full experience

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
so how do you tell the difference between a real imax and a fake one? they all say imax on them... but i hear there's two different sizes as well as what you're saying here... if i'm paying $17 a ticket in the daytime... i'm gonna need it to be the full experience
You can look up a list of real imax theaters in your area. Here in Florida the only non-museum one is in Orlando.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You can look up a list of real imax theaters in your area. Here in Florida the only non-museum one is in Orlando.
http://www.lfexaminer.com/theausa.htm

The complete list of every IMAX in America. As of yesterday.

They don't have a single true imax in the state of va :mjcry:

Gotta go all the way to DC just to catch one. I'll probably save that for something epic

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
LieMax is the AMC size...

imax_001.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
We only got one true IMAX theater in the Netherlands and it only plays educational documentaries about the Hubble telescope and D-Day and polar bears and shyt. But since I don't have to pay extra for 'LieMAX' I don't care that it isn't the 'real' deal because its picture and sound quality are still infinitely greater than in a regular theater.