How Can I Make My Social Media Pop???...

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps
As some of you may know I'm embarking on this music shyt...and was told that I need to be poppin' on social media before I can get people to check out my website www.kavinthe1.com I'm not a social guy at all...or am just satisfied and content with being an introvert...I have clinical depression and anxiety (was recently diagnosed)...and over the years it's been hard for me to connect with others socially...I have been on social media for a handful of years and have not been able to translate it to success...what can I do to make my social media game pop to establish a greater online presence???...

Here are a few links to my social media...any "constructive" criticism is welcomed...

www.kavinthe1.com (@kavinthe1) on Twitter

Kavin The 1

Kavin Wahid (@kavinthe1) • Instagram photos and videos

Kavin The 1

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
I just looked at your instagram...
You have a lot of redundant type of selfies (that basically look the same) lol|
Same with the videos (going by screencaps). Folks won't want to click on those 10 videos that look exactly the same.
and you should post some art in between them.
Take down those pics of weed. It's not cute.
The cars, fam, throwback pics, etc are cool.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Instagram: participate in "like for like/ follow for follow shout out post for shout out post" types of postings

post using popular hashtags
stay relevant on relevant pages
curate a following by liking people who use similar hashtags, engaging with them (writing on their posts, asking them questions, asking them to follow and check out your music etc.)

create something viral. Buy 100 stickers for 10 dollars and put "Who is Kavin The 1" and post them shyts all over town in random spots. then put "take this picture, follow my instagram and twitter, tag me in the picture for a chance to win" and then promote some "secret" contest on all of your platforms

collab with other artists who have bigger fanbases than you, go into their page and follow who follows them and hope that people begin to follow you back

you should be spending an hour a day on IG doing the following:

Find an artist that makes similar music that you do, but has a bigger base
follow that artist
follow the people who follow that artist
like their pictures and comment "if you like Artist B...check me out"
rinse, repeat

Twitter:

talk talk talk talk talk and reply to everything
get into the popular hashtag threads
be everywhere, tweet your thoughts and lyrics and promote your IG etc.

There's a lot more and I just thought of these off the top. This is enough game for free to get you started :salute:

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
Also...
When you post your rapper influences, art, a movie, etc
tag the rappers, actors, directors/producers of them into the photos...
They actually like the pics and comment and may follow you.
They may repost what you post and it can generate traffic.

Leave comments on profiles that aren't annoying "Check my out I'm a rapper! I'm hot!" type of shyt.
Just say how the person was an influence and just have a generally chill approach.
They sometimes also notice those.
It's quick to ignore someone just promoting themselves on your shyt or block them because you think of them as spam.

But affiliation/association is the stepping stone of social media.
All ppl who have a huge following either paid for followers/likes or used someone else who already had a platform.
You need the cosigns.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Same with the videos (going by screencaps). Folks won't want to click on those 10 videos that look exactly the same.
tramp you wouldn't even help build my tumblr :dahell:

Aphrodite

The Black Venus
Daps
the comments breh :dead:

Lmao all white gay guys.
But see yall trip off gay guys liking yall.
But they are the ones who will promote you.
So many guys with huge fan bases are based on gay nikkas who post them on tumblr and instagram and stan for them.
Just like the female artists.
You gotta appeal to everyone and be universal.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
To be honest in terms of music to make your music pop it's better to locally perform and promote your shyt, that's the basic but most effective way.
Next is following your local artists and collabing with them, as they'll have to share you in their promotion and like the guy above said do shares for shares

I think twitter is more effective for music artists than Instagram because insta is just so much more visual, and with twitter if you showcase a personality people come to you

But most importantly follow the hell out of artists similar to you because you'll just attract that crowding in explore pages

My ig for example, I've gained about 50 followers in the past week because of my post but 50% because I followed photographers and graphic artists, just following them exposed peoooe interested in what I do to me, now some of the people I looked up to follow my stuff

Just stay consistent and patient because no matter what advice we give you none of us know when your time is gonna come so just truck

Ronnie Macho

Banned
Supporter
Daps

What kind of art should I post?:jbhmm:...I love the weed...it's just apart of me...:yeshrug: