Here's what people don't tell you about living in NYC...the rent kills but what gets you is...

Daps
buying mothafukkin food man! This is like takeout Mecca out here. It's not uncommon to spend 20 dollars on food for one (15+3 for tip) multiple days out of the week.

You work in manhattan? Unless you living a Gordon gecko life and can expense shyt then you spending money everyday. More than likely you buy breakfast, lunch and depending on your hours sometimes dinner in the city too! No matter what you buy for breakfast your lucky if 5 dollars covers something to eat + a beverage

I'll give you an example...I've been buying the same big bottle of Poland spring for like 18 months. I buy 2 a day. I finally got hip some months ago and started buying them at the grocery store around my house for 2.75 for two. I was paying almost 4 dollars each for them buying them close to work for over a year! Did the math and I realized I spent over 1200 on water alone in the span

shyt is no joke and what people don't mention about living out here

Daps
There are a lot of cheap ethnic eateries in NYC.

Otherwise, trader joes, bodegas, and ethnic grocery stores.

Closest thing I could ever get with is 5 dollar Spanish food. Some of the most expensive shyt though is black food don't sleep. Unless we talking buffet type shyt "Yard" & "Big Momma" want 15 a plate

Always hated Kennedy's and Bodega shyt....never took to it

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Be an adult and don't know how to cook brehs.

"But I don't have time!!!! :damn:"

Then take 1 night out of the week and cook a week's worth of food. And/or get some pre-made frozen meals. There is good shyt out there.

FWIW I moved from NYC down south and eating out isn't that much cheaper :manny:

Daps
Sounds like you have a problem eating out.

Buy your water by the case. Get some eggs and bread and cook some breakfast.

Make enough dinner for lunch. Rinse and repeat.

It takes discipline. I only eat out once a week.

I do have a problem I make no bones about that. When the weekend comes I'm trying to eat on some regal shyt.

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
This is true from what I noticed when I visited there. Like, even if you meal prepped, simple everyday food items and toiletries were way more expensive than normal. This wasn't just in the touristy areas either.