Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

Daps
I cant.believe how many Black professional (or educated at the least) women are saying Tasha is too basic for Lawrence lol. What exactly does Issa offer a Lawrence besides free rent? They're pretty much the same brand of desperate and insecure.

I argued for half a day with the chicks over on LSA about this. Clearly, Lawrence is too good for Tasha because she's not college educated, Issa and he attended prestigious universities, Tasha isn't of the same class so it'll never work. This was the rationale I was given and because I disagreed and simply stated men don't necessarily view women like we do, whether I was college educated was called into question. Lol... crazy.

I think Issa and Tasha are on the same level. I don't see how Tasha is so beneath her or Lawrence.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
I argued for half a day with the chicks over on LSA about this. Clearly, Lawrence is too good for Tasha because she's not college educated, Issa and he attended prestigious universities, Tasha isn't of the same class so it'll never work. This was the rationale I was given and because I disagreed and simply stated men don't necessarily view women like we do, whether I was college educated was called into question. Lol... crazy.

I think Issa and Tasha are on the same level. I don't see how Tasha is so beneath her or Lawrence.
Tasha probably makes more money than Issa too :mjpls:.

This is why I love that episode with the dude molly was dating .

Even frown when he said he didn't graduate and he was a manager at enterprise .

I'm like so what he makes a great living and probably more than some of y'all .

Daps

As a man, I have to cosign you. Obviously, everybody is different, but any man who needs their woman to be of a certain "class" is not going to view Issa and her We Got You checks any different than Tasha the bank teller. They're gonna need you to be Molly-esque. The real barometer is how your circle of friends treat you. In my experience, a prestigious college educated guy is not going to be judged by his college educated boys for wifing a chick who didn't go to college. We don't care about that shyt. A group of college educated women, will judge their college educated girl for seriously dating a plumber tho, from what I've seen.

I put "class" in quotation marks cuz Issa, Lawrence, and Tasha all seem to be from the same class. If Lawrence was truly from a higher class, none of what I said above would apply...theres some uppity black folk lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tasha honestly Ethered herself. She should've never even invited him to that shyt. nikka said he had a work event she should've said "see u tomorrow".

That's what is funny to me... Tasha was trying to slowly integrate Lawrence into her family. Lawrence saw that and bailed. That has happened to me a few times. You try not to be a dikk and say no...but once you get there you instantly regret that decision.

Tasha was being slick.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
That's what is funny to me... Tasha was trying to slowly integrate Lawrence into her family. Lawrence saw that and bailed. That has happened to me a few times. You try not to be a dikk and say no...but once you get there you instantly regret that decision.

Tasha was being slick.

That's why I said Tasha just got mad because she played herself when shyt didn't work out the way she thought it was going to. She was plotting on that nikka Lawrence from jump street. Always flirting with him, going having lunch dates with the nikka knowing he had a GF, going to see him with her big ass titties hanging all out in Best Buy... she knew what she was doing. She let him tear up her p*ssy for two months and when all of a sudden it dawned on her that she wasn't gonna be upgraded to his main chick she wants to flip. Get the fukk outta here with that bullshyt.

Lawrence does dumb/naive shyt but why would you invite a nikka who you are just fukking to meet your family?

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps

As a man, I have to cosign you. Obviously, everybody is different, but any man who needs their woman to be of a certain "class" is not going to view Issa and her We Got You checks any different than Tasha the bank teller. They're gonna need you to be Molly-esque. The real barometer is how your circle of friends treat you. In my experience, a prestigious college educated guy is not going to be judged by his college educated boys for wifing a chick who didn't go to college. We don't care about that shyt. A group of college educated women, will judge their college educated girl for seriously dating a plumber tho, from what I've seen.

I put "class" in quotation marks cuz Issa, Lawrence, and Tasha all seem to be from the same class. If Lawrence was truly from a higher class, none of what I said above would apply...theres some uppity black folk lol

I can't cap...

I think the writers were trying to show that Tasha and Lawrence were in different classes based on the discussions that Tasha was trying to have with Lawrence that he clearly wasn't into. Gossip and drama filled shyt.

While men aren't particularly judged by their friends for dating a woman who isn't college educated and we typically don't care about that type of thing since we're supposed to be the breadwinners, it does matter to me. A lot of the women I've dealt with who weren't college educated just haven't been on my level and since most women these days are going to college, I see no reason why I shouldn't date a woman who's gone to college.