H-Town(The R&B group) Apperciation thread

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Continuing the trend of classic R&B albums being talked about. I'm surprised nobody mentioned H-Town. Dino Conner(R.I.P) had one of the best voices in the game. He didn't sound like anybody that was out at the time and the trio put out so many classics during their short period. Putting a H-Town album would guaranteed to get a bytch ready to go. Knockin Da Boots, Keepin My Composure, Backseat, A Thin Line Between Love and Hate remake, Lick You Up. Part Time Lover from Above the Rim. These dudes did their thing for a short period. I hated how that they got caught up with the shyt with Luke because that took alot of their momentum.

Even H-Town's last album was solid. Dino's When I Die joint was :sadcam:

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
H-Town was dope...they kind of had a grimy, gritty R&B sound. Dropped some classics definitely..

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nice thread, h-town my favourite rnb group of all time. dino could sing his @ss off

personal favourites? if i had to name one it would be "special kinda fool", joint off the ladies edition album:

"...tell me why, you don't love me baby..."

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
h-town made better albums than jodeci.

I love Jodeci. And I love some of their albums.

And I love Knockin da Boots. But I've never heard a full H-Town album.

Are you telling me that H-Town has an album on the level of Forever My Lady, Diary of a Mad Band, and Show the After Party the Hotel?

tater

Superstar
Daps
I love H-Town! I just downloaded some of their albums. Trying to build my R&B back up...

JCalli

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
H Town :salute:
I liked all their albums, Fever for da Flavor .... so many memories:blessed:

Dont sleep on that Ladies Edition either

MoneyBags

Dapper Don Don Boss of Bosses Chief of Chiefs
Daps
Reppin
East Side!
no homo but the lead singer could sing his ass off. nikka was hitting and holding all types of notes on Knockin Da Boots.
how come we don't have r&b singers like this anymore?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I love Jodeci. And I love some of their albums.

And I love Knockin da Boots. But I've never heard a full H-Town album.

Are you telling me that H-Town has an album on the level of Forever My Lady, Diary of a Mad Band, and Show the After Party the Hotel?

the bolded albums were all about the singles.

there were a good number of groups that made better albums than jodeci in '91-94.

h-town's 1st 2 albums are classics. only one arguable skipper on their 1st album. 2nd album had 1 filler and maybe 1 or 2 arguable skippers out of like 22 tracks.