The Official "Legion" Season 1 Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
X-Men Drama ‘Legion’ Ordered to Series at FX

FX has ordered comic book drama “Legion” to series, Variety has learned. The show hails from FX Productions and Marvel Television, and the eight-episode first season will debut on FX in early 2017 with “Fargo” boss Noah Hawley executive producing. The news was announced by Nick Grad and Eric Schrier, Presidents of Original Programming, FX Networks and FX Productions.

“Legion” centers around David Haller (“Downton Abbey” alum Dan Stevens); since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real.

In Marvel Comics canon, David Haller is Professor Charles Xavier’s mutant son. Xavier has been portrayed by Patrick Stewart and James McAvoy in the “X-Men” franchise on the big screen, but the films have yet to introduce Haller into the cinematic universe. The latest installment in the movie series, “X-Men: Apocalypse,” was released on May 27 and topped the Memorial Day weekend box office, racking up over $80 million domestically.

In addition to Stevens, the “Legion” cast includes“Fargo” alums Rachel Keller and Jean Smart, along with Aubrey Plaza, Jeremie Harris, Amber Midthunder, Katie Aselton and Bill Irwin.

It doesn't sound like we'll be seeing any other mutants though. :beli:
If you’re counting on Legion existing in the exact same world as the X-Men film franchise, you’re in for a bit of a disappointment. Here’s what Landgraf had to say on the subject:

“It’s not in the continuity of those films in the sense the current X-Men films take place in a universe in which everybody on planet Earth is aware of the existence of mutants,” he said. “The series Legion takes place in a parallel universe, if you will, in which the US government is in the early days of being aware that something called mutants exist but the public is not. I wouldn’t foresee characters moving back and forth because they really are parallel universes.”

Landgraf would later note that he doesn’t believe any X-Men regulars will be popping by, although he’s “not 100% sure that’ll be the case by the time it airs.”

Until them ratings start to slip anyway :lolbron:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What I got out of this is MARVEL TV & FOX collaborating? :leon:

Joseph Loeb must really HATE Kevin Feige :lolbron:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Who is the showrunner for this? Last I heard it was Noah Hawley but this article just says he's the exec producer.

EDIT: It actually is Noah Hawley. This shyt is about to be dope.

Fred.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Who is the showrunner for this? Last I heard it was Noah Hawley but this article just says he's the exec producer.

EDIT: It actually is Noah Hawley. This shyt is about to be dope.

Fred.
What shows has Noah Hawley been the showrunner before?

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
What I got out of this is MARVEL TV & FOX collaborating? :leon:

Joseph Loeb must really HATE Kevin Feige :lolbron:

Nah this happening goes above both their heads.
:jbhmm:

I wonder if the two companies have made a deal or if Fox always had the rights. Then again if they always had the rights why would they only be producing X-men TV shows now
:patrice:

Welp I hope its ok, Legion was always a weird character (he was basically introduced just so they could do that Age of Apocalypse) and way to overpowered but maybe they can make it better than the source material

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So for 2017 FX has: Fargo S3, Americans S5, Legion S1, Feud S1, American Crime Story S2. Hopefully they order Snowfall to series as well.

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Nah this happening goes above both their heads.
:jbhmm:

I wonder if the two companies have made a deal or if Fox always had the rights. Then again if they always had the rights why would they only be producing X-men TV shows now
:patrice:

Welp I hope its ok, Legion was always a weird character (he was basically introduced just so they could do that Age of Apocalypse) and way to overpowered but maybe they can make it better than the source material
they made a deal