Final Lap & The Coli Present: Ninth Inning The Movie….and $500 giveaway

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
20 mins left

So far the worst movie I've ever seen, by a mile.

StraxStrax

Daps
Yeah this is terrible. This is the reason people should go to film school/make short films. Even the runtime is terrible. 60 mins is too long for a short film and too short as feature. Props that dude convinced other people to be a part of this but thats is the only good thing possible to say about this.

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
Yeah this is terrible. This is the reason people should go to film school/make short films. Even the runtime is terrible. 60 mins is too long for a short film and too short as feature. Props that dude convinced other people to be a part of this but thats is the only good thing possible to say about this.

I don't really like putting art in a box like that though.
I personally think most features are too long. Directors could cut most films by at least half an hour, but most just get caught up in their vision and start to babble. It's why I like the way Hal Hartley does it, he never makes a movie to long.

I agree with everything else you said though.

StraxStrax

Daps
I don't really like putting art in a box like that though.
I personally think most features are too long. Directors could cut most films by at least half an hour, but most just get caught up in their vision and start to babble. It's why I like the way Hal Hartley does it, he never makes a movie to long.

I agree with everything else you said though.

I'm mostly talking about perception of how most people view films. 60 mins is one tv show length (with commercials) and many people want bang for their buck :yeshrug:

All of my screenwriting teacher said that if you have a script for a 60 min film and can't get it up to 80-90 mins you should cut it down to 40. I don't care really but I can see the thinking behind it

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm mostly talking about perception of how most people view films. 60 mins is one tv show length (with commercials) and many people want bang for their buck :yeshrug:

All of my screenwriting teacher said that if you have a script for a 60 min film and can't get it up to 80-90 mins you should cut it down to 40. I don't care really but I can see the thinking behind it

I hate reasoning like that. A story needs to be the length it needs to be. If it requires 60 than that is your mark, regardless of whether that makes it a too long short film or a too short motion picture.

StraxStrax

Daps
I hate reasoning like that. A story needs to be the length it needs to be. If it requires 60 than that is your mark, regardless of whether that makes it a too long short film or a too short motion picture.

The reasoning is to get your film made. I think there is market for shorters features but I think that would be on stuff like Netflix